Arayna Marie Fornes is here... story + pics - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 02-09-2007, 06:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi all,

Well I just got back from giving birth. My daughter Arayna Marie was born this past Tuesday and she is just the cutest thing...

Overall I would rate the whole experience as a 8 out of 10. There were some unforseen complications but nothing major. Let's see Monday night I was doing pretty good, I felt nothing no cramps no contractions. Unlike some women I never had Braxton-Hicks or anything like that so when I went into labor and was admitted into the birthing center I was already 6 centimeters and I had hardly felt anything at all.. The only thing was I had mucuos and bloody show. My water never really broke either. I had trickles thoughout labor and contractions but the bulk of it came out with my daughter.

So I was admitted at 2am at the birthing center and I progressed well... I think by 8 am I was fully dilated and the baby was descending. Now this was where I had complications. She was coming down fine but right at the entrance so to speak she stalled and my contractions petered out... Maybe it was exhaustion or whatever but no matter how hard I PUSHED she would not come out! You could see the crown but no head was coming. I was like that for over an hour or so and I was getting so miserable... So it was decided that I would be transferred to the local hospital because the staff at the birthing center was afraid my contractions had stopped and the baby was at a bad position to be left like that for long. So the ambulance came and I was sent over. But you know what? Maybe it was the bumpy ride over but as soon as I got to the hospital my contractions were STRONG! And lo and behold, 20 minutes later my baby girl was born!! Poor thing her head was misshapen from my pushing and her being stuck and I myself had a swollen labia from pushing which resulted in a small tear.

So overall a pretty easy labor. I cannot really complain and is went really fast. The only thing I regret was that I should have waited longer at the birthing center and maybe walked or done a jumping jack or something. I think they themselves were getting worried and maybe jumped the gun. Dont get my wrong though- throughout labor my MW and the assistants were so helpful and encouraging and I felt free do try any position. My hubby and stepdaughter were there helping but it was just something about the women there who gave me the most strength, you know? So when I look back my overall regret will be that I did not have the baby at the birthing center. The hospital stay was short and the staff nice but just NOT the same. I had labored at the BC with the MW's and done the bulk of the work there that I actually feel bad that I did not birth my daughter there.....

**Sigh** Oh well...

But... Arayna Marie Fornes was born Febraury 6th at 9:53 am. She was 7 pounds 10 ounzes and 19.5 inches long. She was 3 days overdue. She is healthy, beautiful and such a dream.... I had thought all these months that I was having a boy but now that she is here what can I do but fall in love with this beautiful girl??

Here are som pics I will post more later on:

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/mf_colon...804223234755/3

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/mf_colon...04223226815/12

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/mf_colon...04223227034/19
#2 of 11 Old 02-09-2007, 06:04 PM

Congratulations!

I can't see the pics.

Sarah - Mama to Vic (1/19/00), Syd (4/06/02) Sam (4/20/06-born at 30wk2d), JackJack (2/14/07) and Charlie (4/30/10)
#3 of 11 Old 02-09-2007, 06:52 PM

she's beautiful! congratulations mama!

anne, mama to Isaak (6.13.05) Joe (2.24.07) and Eli (8.17.09) wifey to J since 2002 petparent to our retired racer "Under Rated" aka Jango.  help put an end to dog racing! 
#4 of 11 Old 02-09-2007, 07:49 PM

I could only see the first picture, but Oh my is she adorable!! I am sorry about the transfer (it would be SO hard to leave one location when you're that close!) but I am glad you are both OK! Congratulations, she is just precious!!
#5 of 11 Old 02-09-2007, 08:36 PM

What a sweetie! Enjoy your new little one!
#6 of 11 Old 02-09-2007, 08:37 PM

She is just precious!! Congrats mama and enjoy!!

Shelley, mother, wife, sister, aunt, friend.
#7 of 11 Old 02-09-2007, 08:50 PM

to the world Arayna Marie Fornes. She is absolutely beautiful: .
#8 of 11 Old 02-09-2007, 11:34 PM

Oh she is beautiful! I could only see the first pic too, but I loved it!
Congratulations!
#9 of 11 Old 02-10-2007, 11:20 AM

congrats!
#10 of 11 Old 02-10-2007, 11:34 AM

congrats!

love.gif

#11 of 11 Old 02-10-2007, 01:39 PM

Congratulations, I can onlly see the first pic- but she's beautiful!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page