Charlotte Caris Sophia is here! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 02-10-2007, 05:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Charlotte Caris Sophia was born by c-section on Saturday, Feb 3rd, 10:13 am. 8 pounds even, 19 inches even. She's beautiful, but looks NOTHING like Cate as a baby!

We're both doing really well. The surgery went much better than I could have hoped. The OB that caught Cate ended up doing my section so at least I had a Dr. I knew. Very nice older gentleman. Charlotte's back to gaining weight as well. My milk came in late yesterday (hoo boy--did it ever!)I fought with one nurse and the ped over suplementing. Don't get me started or you'll be reading this post all night!

Charlotte (Charlie) is a very mellow baby so far. She's nursing very well and has the milk drunk face down pat. I never realized how much I missed kissing a wee babe's milky little face. The smell, the texture of her hair. Pure Bliss.

Cate is loving Charlie. My Mom and Dad babysat Cate while we were in the hospital (DH stayed all 5 days with me). My Mom did a great job telling her about baby so she was definitly thrilled when the came to the hospital. Of course I think I'll have to watch Charlie like a hawk since Cate wants to hold her constantly. She is proving a great little helper! Gideon Greyhound is quite pleased with the new addition as well, she's already been sniffed and kissed and Giddy is completely non-fazed by the crying. My midwife came by the hospital after she got back from Mexico. She felt SO bad for not being there with me but she was very supportive and sweet.

Diapering is so much fun---thank goodness for Chantelle and her sweetly lent newborn stash---my smalls are all HUGE on Charlie! DH, Matthew showed off fluff to anyone who came in the room. At least one young nurse plans on checking it out. Wool longies are my absolute favorite, underneath a gown.

***The Background***
We attempted an ECV at the hospital but baby is very much engaged in my pelvis and wouldn't budge. We spent a lot of time in triage before and after the ECV attempt. I was an emotional mess. Everyone was wonderful, I even had a nurse give me a big hug (she told me how her first was a vaginal and the 2nd a c-section)The doctor DID leave it up to DH and I to decide which way we wanted to go, he said we could try for a vaginal breech but if we needed to get baby out in a hurry I'd be put completely under...something I'm terrified of. He was upbeat and didn't use a bunch of scare tactics---DH & I talked for over an hour and still hadn't decided. I sent Matthew down to the cafeteria to get some lunch and I listened to the birth song of the struggling first time mother on the other side of the curtain and I started crying. I had a really 'good' cleansing cry. I realized that I had been lucky enough to have a beautiful natural birth with Cate and that I could 'let go' of my dream birth. I decided that I would take the C-section, I just had this feeling that was the choice I should be making and felt at peace once I decided. Like a wave of calm came over me. Matthew came upstairs and I told him, Dr. M followed soon after. He assured me that if we decide to try for a 3rd baby that VBAC would honestly be the most likely outcome.

So... this probably isn't what everyone wanted to hear but we're comfortable with it and our family seems relieved.

Sorry if this post is a bit fragmented, I copied bits of it from my posts on another site since I don't have much time for typing and our computer is down in the basement. Thanks to everyone! I'm thilled to see all of these February announcements and for the mamas who have yet to have their sweet babes---good luck to you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 13 Old 02-10-2007, 06:43 PM

Congratulations on your birth!! I just LOVE that sweet milky face and breath, it's the best, isn't it? It sounds like you are thoroughly enjoying her! I am sorry about the c-section but the most important thing is that you made an informed choice, had time to think it over and talk about it, and are at peace with it. It sounds like it was difficult to get to that point, but I'm glad you got there.

I'm looking forward to hearing more when you get the time!! Enjoy her!
#3 of 13 Old 02-10-2007, 08:59 PM

Congratulations- glad you're both doing well, enjoy your babymoon!
#4 of 13 Old 02-10-2007, 11:30 PM

Congratulations on your little one!
#5 of 13 Old 02-11-2007, 03:48 AM

congratulations and welcome charlie!
#6 of 13 Old 02-11-2007, 04:25 PM

Congratulations and well done, mama!
#7 of 13 Old 02-12-2007, 12:25 AM

Congratulations!

Shelley, mother, wife, sister, aunt, friend.
#8 of 13 Old 02-12-2007, 01:53 AM

Congrats on little Charlotte! I love her name!

~Lanie mom to Layne, Liam, Maren, Meridian, and Melora
#9 of 13 Old 02-12-2007, 12:19 PM

Congratulations mamma Sometimes we gotta do, what we gotta do. I am so glad you both are doing so well. I'm really happy for you
#10 of 13 Old 02-12-2007, 02:57 PM

congratulations!!! i hope you are recovering well. try not to do too much after your c-birth!!! i am glad that you were able to make the choice on how you were going to birth.

A doula who married a cop & became a mama to 3 boys: G 12/22/00, my rainbow baby B 2/2/07 and L 2/10/10 my CBA2V baby, waiting for my little caboose late February 2013 & always remembering my two angels 2006 & 2012.

#11 of 13 Old 02-13-2007, 11:50 AM

Sounds like you did what was best for you and the baby, and that's what is important! Congratulations and welcome baby Charlotte!
#12 of 13 Old 02-13-2007, 03:08 PM

Congratulations!!

Welcome to the world, Charlotte!!
#13 of 13 Old 02-13-2007, 04:03 PM

Congrats!! Welcome Charlotte!

Maria
stay at home mom to 2 girls 11/20/03,3/09/07 and 2 boys  2/28/05 and 11/16/10 and one on the way 1/13/12

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page