mom's in the hospital - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 19 Old 02-11-2007, 05:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
she went in this morning with chest pain and they admitted her for observation and tests. she's in the local hospital and if Bun comes we'll be in our chosen hospital 1/2 -1 hour away.
it doesn't seem to be anything serious and i think she'll be going home tomorrow, but i'm a little worried. as impatient as i am for this little guy, i want him to wait until mom's okay.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 19 Old 02-11-2007, 05:55 PM

Im really sorry to hear that your momma is sick, Im sending her good vibes to get better soon so that you can have her for support of your baby.

Hugs

angie
#3 of 19 Old 02-11-2007, 07:03 PM

Oh no... It's so hard when one of your parents gets sick. My mom has had steady health problems for about the past 10 years and it really wears you down. I hope your mama gets better and that her chest pain is not serious and something they can help her with easily. Sending out healing vibes for all of you!
#4 of 19 Old 02-11-2007, 08:59 PM

Hope she's better soon!

Mama of three.

#5 of 19 Old 02-11-2007, 09:33 PM

hope your mom gets better and baby stays put!

Me 27, DH 29, Little E. 02/01/2007 and Baby N. 04/18/2010
#6 of 19 Old 02-12-2007, 02:40 AM

I hope your mom's doing better soon; keep us updated as you can!

--
Let your life speak. -- George Fox
#7 of 19 Old 02-12-2007, 02:42 AM

I hope she has a swift recovery!

~Lanie mom to Layne, Liam, Maren, Meridian, and Melora
#8 of 19 Old 02-12-2007, 01:00 PM - Thread Starter

The cardiologist said he thinks it was a mild heart attack and she was put into ICU and today she was transfered to a better hospital about an hour away for exploratory surgery and depending on what they find, fixing it.

I've got the daycare by myself today. But I have an appointment tomorrow, so I don't know what I'm going to do. I wrote a note for the parents saying I'm not available but I still have to call some who don't come Mondays and are planning to come tomorrow. We're supposed to get another 4-6 inches of snow tomorrow with 40mph winds, so I don't even know if we'll be able to get there. I'm doing my best not to get stressed, but I find myself halfway wishing I would go into labor so all this responsibility would be gone and someone would just take care of me. The parents have been pretty great so far but I don't know how long this will last.
#9 of 19 Old 02-12-2007, 01:14 PM

OOOOOOOOOo Danielle , big huge hugs coming your way hun. I went through this with my Pop a little over a yr ago. He had a stint put in, and such. Please know I am thinking of you and your mom, and keep us updated on her progress. I know how how scary this time is for you. So, I am keeping your mom in my prayers.
#10 of 19 Old 02-12-2007, 06:03 PM - Thread Starter

I'm so tired. I only have four kids today and the three nappers are sleeping. I just cleaned up from lunch and did all the dishes. I can't wait until the kids go home and I can go see my mom. I was so upset last night when she told me she was being transfered. I had no one to talk to - my mom is who I talk to when I need to talk.

Saturday we went together and got our hair done and I got a pedicure (OMG sooo wonderful), then Sunday she's in the hospital, Monday she's getting surgery. It's crazy.
#11 of 19 Old 02-12-2007, 07:08 PM

Oh no... I'm sorry it turned out to be a heart problem after all. That is so scary, and no fun, and having a sick parent when you're pregnant is REALLY no fun! (BTDT with my mom when I was pg with DS.) I'm glad you guys got to spend some girl time together this weekend though, that would have been really nice! Please keep us posted... sorry about the day care stress too, it's hard to take care of others when you are feeling so needy yourself. More prayers and healing energy coming your mom's way, and yours too!
#12 of 19 Old 02-13-2007, 11:39 AM - Thread Starter

They found some blockage in the angiogram and stented it and she might be able to come home tonight. I hope so. Even if she can't do the daycare and I have to pretty much do everything, at least she would be here.

I went and saw her last night. It went from being "probably no big deal" to something that was very dangerous and has been building up for a long time and could have just suddenly killed her. I feel like a little kid because I know there is stuff they're keeping from me. I didn't know how serious it was until I heard my aunts talking.

I went home and cried. Not because I'm worried about her - really, the danger is over and she's in the best heart hospital around here. I just wish people wouldn't keep things from me, and I wish everything wasn't happening all at the same time.

Now school is canceled because of the snow and that messes things up. I hope nobody's planning on being able to bring their kid here. I just called the only family that was going to come before school and they said they were keeping their boys today. We're going to the appointment early and bringing the hospital bags *just in case* but if it's close to time, I'm just going to cry.
#13 of 19 Old 02-13-2007, 11:54 AM

Oh I am sorry. I know how it feels to have everything come crashing down on you all at once. And how we feel at the end of pregnancy really exacerbates everything. Try to take it one day, one minute at a time. I will take my own advice and we will be fine and with our babies soon. Hang in there girl!
#14 of 19 Old 02-13-2007, 12:08 PM

I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
#15 of 19 Old 02-13-2007, 01:44 PM

Thoughts and prayers coming your direction, I hope everything works out and your mom is home soon and that you have an amazing birth that your mom can share in. Please keep us posted
#16 of 19 Old 02-13-2007, 04:08 PM - Thread Starter

I got some answers from my mom, she knows I don't want sugar coating. Her heart actually built a bridge and bypassed itself at the blockage and if it wouldn't have done that, there probably wouldn't have even been a heart attack, she just would have been gone. Then when they took the scope out of her leg after the angiogram she started to crash. She can't come home today, partly because of the weather and partly because she was having nausea and they want to watch her.

This is pretty much genetic because my mom eats healthy, exercises, and has good blood pressure and low cholesterol. Her cardiologist said my brother and I should be on beta blockers, like for the rest of our lives, and everyone in the family needs to be tested.

The NST today showed some contractions, which it's never done before. I know it's sort of silly but I really want him to be born on Thursday because it's my mom's birthday and she's been pushing for that day since we found out the due date. It would mean a lot to her, considering that if things had gone differently, she wouldn't even have been able to meet him. I know that we really don't have control over that, but it would be nice.
#17 of 19 Old 02-13-2007, 07:23 PM

Just some more hugs your way - your mom's condition is stressful enough without daycare and expecting your little bean! I hope that she is feeling better and that you are able to rest up for baby.

You are in my thoughts and prayers, and sending you many blessings.

Me 27, DH 29, Little E. 02/01/2007 and Baby N. 04/18/2010
#18 of 19 Old 02-13-2007, 07:37 PM

I am so very sorry you are up against all this stress with your mom and her health, I am glad she is going to be ok but this has been so hard on you!! Please know you're all still in my thoughts and prayers!! I will hope for a Thursday birthday for you too, that would be such a special day for you!
#19 of 19 Old 02-14-2007, 11:13 AM - Thread Starter

I think she's coming home today!
In all of this, I forgot to mention I found out I'm GBS neg!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page