The pregnant forever club - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#31 of 60 Old 02-14-2007, 05:31 PM
 
kaybee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Up North
Posts: 493
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I had a Dr. visit this morning, and I'm now dialated 4 cm. I've been having contractions all day, but they are actually starting to get annoying now. Hopefully this won't just fizzle out...

Come on baby!
kaybee is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#32 of 60 Old 02-14-2007, 05:34 PM
 
anabellee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 2,024
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i just wish he'd make his mind up already!!! i swear i think that i've started labor atleast 3 times and each time it stops. i'm so nervous about this because we've got quite the trek to the birth center and i need to make sure we have enough time to get there. ugh. this is getting old. : granted, i'm glad he didn't come out Monday since we had a really bad storm but they've got most of the roads clear now so any time he's ready...

anne, mama to Isaak (6.13.05) Joe (2.24.07) and Eli (8.17.09) wifey to J since 2002 petparent to our retired racer "Under Rated" aka Jango.  help put an end to dog racing! 
anabellee is offline  
#33 of 60 Old 02-15-2007, 12:18 PM
 
illinoismommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Illinois
Posts: 832
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Now that people with my due date are having their babies.... two already.... I'm starting to feel extra anxious.... I wish it was my turn already!

Homeschooling SAHM to 3 children under 5 + one on the way.
illinoismommy is offline  
#34 of 60 Old 02-15-2007, 12:47 PM
 
timneh_mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Somewhere between awake and asleep
Posts: 4,928
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm going to be pregnant the rest of my life. I just am. Last night I got up to pee about 5-6 times, and I didn't have that much to drink, so that was highly annoying. Now I'm just tired. I ache so bad in my hips and just cannot move. I wish I could run away from home but if I did, my body would be right there with me. If we had a nice big bath tub, I would get in it and cry until labor started. Unfortunately I'd probably be in there at least another week..... :
timneh_mom is offline  
#35 of 60 Old 02-15-2007, 01:06 PM
 
p1gg1e's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,217
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
((Liz))

I'm going to my 41 week appointment today.. I made it for 1 week 2 days so that I would not have to go ( hour drive to the MW office..)..but here I am. I told the MW prepare to hear whining

She said as soon as I forget about having a baby I will go into labor...yeah thats easy when I feel like Ive been hit in the pubic bone with a baseball bat..DH siad he did that while I was asleep

I also pulled a muscle in my neck and its killing me ( charlie horsing and what not ) I think I'm falling apart
p1gg1e is offline  
#36 of 60 Old 02-15-2007, 03:49 PM
 
lindsayjean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,442
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Can I join the whining again? This is my THIRD day of contractions- but nothing strong enough for me to think it's time to go in. I always think... okay this is it... and then I go to bed and wake up still pregnant.

I'm not even 40 weeks yet, come on!
lindsayjean is offline  
#37 of 60 Old 02-18-2007, 02:47 PM
 
MoonWillow's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Pemberly
Posts: 3,857
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm never having this baby. And no one will leave me alone. I know everybody means well but the whole family calling all the time is making me feel homicidal. I WILL CALL YOU WHEN IT HAPPENS!
I can't deal. And I am such a bi**h that I think my husband may have to kill me if I don't go soon, and I may just let him.
I'm only 3 days late too! What will I be like at 2 weeks or more? I don't know if we will survive! It's not even so much the discomfort (although it's bad) but the not knowing...and worrying about a failing placenta and then just worrying about labor in general.
MoonWillow is offline  
#38 of 60 Old 02-18-2007, 03:10 PM
 
p1gg1e's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,217
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotherWren View Post

I'm never having this baby. And no one will leave me alone. I know everybody means well but the whole family calling all the time is making me feel homicidal. I WILL CALL YOU WHEN IT HAPPENS!
I can't deal. And I am such a bi**h that I think my husband may have to kill me if I don't go soon, and I may just let him.
I'm only 3 days late too! What will I be like at 2 weeks or more? I don't know if we will survive! It's not even so much the discomfort (although it's bad) but the not knowing...and worrying about a failing placenta and then just worrying about labor in general.


I'm still alive...no one has killed me yet. as much as I'm no drugs I swear if someone came to my door with street pitocin I might just buy it

I'm going on day 7 of up at 12-4am with contractions that get worse and then stop... sigh and oh yeah the calls :
p1gg1e is offline  
#39 of 60 Old 02-18-2007, 03:14 PM
 
MoonWillow's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Pemberly
Posts: 3,857
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Street pitocin
Thanks for the chuckle.
Wow I haven't had anything near contractions like that! I'd swear I was in labor I think. How frustrating .
MoonWillow is offline  
#40 of 60 Old 02-18-2007, 04:24 PM
 
earthkid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Canton, OH
Posts: 101
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Still here, and thinking I may rewash all of the new baby clothes...again. I'm pretty sure that I saw cobwebs on those sweet little onesies!
earthkid is offline  
#41 of 60 Old 02-18-2007, 05:15 PM
 
veggijessie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 353
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am going to jump in... I need to whine!

I am 4 days past "due", but I have never made it to my due date before. I am so sleepy, my whole family has been sick, my dearly loved and very helpful mom will be here on Wednesday to "see" the baby. I am sick of doing open houses to sell our "other house". And I have no idea of when I am going to fit having a baby into my schedule! I just wish she would come out and I could lock my door and turn off my phone for 2 weeks!!!

And... I have had NO contractions, NO bloody show, NO signs of labor, and a cervix so high and tipped we can't even reach it! AAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Thanks for letting me get all that off my chest!
veggijessie is offline  
#42 of 60 Old 02-18-2007, 09:08 PM
 
MoonWillow's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Pemberly
Posts: 3,857
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It's so hard. It's good knowing we're not alone though.
MoonWillow is offline  
#43 of 60 Old 02-19-2007, 12:56 AM
 
anabellee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 2,024
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
street pitocin

and the calls...i'm not due til FRIDAY! STOP CALLING: can ya tell i'm grouchy?

anne, mama to Isaak (6.13.05) Joe (2.24.07) and Eli (8.17.09) wifey to J since 2002 petparent to our retired racer "Under Rated" aka Jango.  help put an end to dog racing! 
anabellee is offline  
#44 of 60 Old 02-20-2007, 12:40 PM
 
MoonWillow's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Pemberly
Posts: 3,857
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by anabellee View Post
street pitocin

and the calls...i'm not due til FRIDAY! STOP CALLING: can ya tell i'm grouchy?
Oh just wait till AFTER Friday! LOL
MoonWillow is offline  
#45 of 60 Old 02-20-2007, 01:16 PM
 
veggijessie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 353
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The calls....

Mine have gone from "have you had the baby yet?" to "I can't believe that you did NOT call me when you had the baby!" She's not out yet!!!
veggijessie is offline  
#46 of 60 Old 02-20-2007, 01:27 PM
 
LotusBirthMama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: The Land of Porky Goodness
Posts: 1,753
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am now 2 days past my due date...while I know its all relative and that he'll come when he's ready...I am still losing it!

I can't talk to anybody anymore b/c I just get pissy with the "still pregnant" comments. Do people maybe think that I don't KNOW I'm still pregnant?!

Grrr.
LotusBirthMama is offline  
#47 of 60 Old 02-20-2007, 02:49 PM
 
lindsayjean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,442
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm not due until monday and I have been getting the "still pregnant" comments for over a week now! I have a class tonight that I am thinking about not attending just because I know everyone is going to obsess over the fact that I am still pregnant. BLEH!!
lindsayjean is offline  
#48 of 60 Old 02-20-2007, 02:53 PM
 
TanyaS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: in a people house
Posts: 3,347
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Not in your DDC, but this popped up on 'new posts' and the thread title made me

I joined the pregnant forever club with my most recent baby. She was born 17 days late! Hang in there, mamas, it's hard to wait when you're uncomfortable, but you can do it. Besides, it's much quieter while they're still inside!
TanyaS is offline  
#49 of 60 Old 02-20-2007, 03:18 PM
 
Sara Ann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Lansing, Michigan
Posts: 258
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It's my due date! Ugh, can I please have her come out now. I'm so anxious!

CD(DONA), Wife to Jason, Momma to Xander (7), Hayden (5), & Hanna (4)
Sara Ann is offline  
#50 of 60 Old 02-20-2007, 03:31 PM
 
MoonWillow's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Pemberly
Posts: 3,857
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara Ann View Post
It's my due date! Ugh, can I please have her come out now. I'm so anxious!
No, not as long as my 5 days late babe stays in
Seriously I know the date is fairly meaningless but why doesn't that make it easier?
I think it's just the not knowing. Even if I knew it would be 2 weeks from now, I think I'd be ok. Despite being uncomfortable, the suspense wouldn't be overtaking me like it is now. Also if I weren't so apprehensive of labor, it would probably not be as bad.
I'm probably preventing my own labor :
MoonWillow is offline  
#51 of 60 Old 02-20-2007, 04:02 PM
 
Sara Ann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Lansing, Michigan
Posts: 258
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Lol! If we go by lmp, dd was 2/15, so I'm right there with you. I am going by o date, so it's today. I know a date, is a date but I really thought I would go earlier this time being that it's my 3rd and they have come just a few days earlier than before.
On a funny note, I was going to do some squatting and as I did my first one I split my pj pants big time. Oops!

CD(DONA), Wife to Jason, Momma to Xander (7), Hayden (5), & Hanna (4)
Sara Ann is offline  
#52 of 60 Old 02-20-2007, 08:55 PM
 
kathan12904's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The heart of progress in Missouri
Posts: 422
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm officially joining this club, even though today is my due date, so there is still time. BTW "street pitocin" could also be referred to a sperm+orgasm. It worked like a charm to start my first labor. Of course, my baby wasn't in a great position (OP) when I used that home remedy, so I ended up with two days of contrx and a c/s. I'm being much more patient this time.

Mom of three spunktastic kiddos, supported by super-partner while dabbling in midwifery and organic farming. Biting off more than I can chew since '03.
kathan12904 is offline  
#53 of 60 Old 02-20-2007, 08:56 PM
 
teeny_bean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 196
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
41w2d, today. All you people who haven't even hit your due date yet, I point and laugh in your general direction. We eat due dates for breakfast around here!

Come ON, baby.
teeny_bean is offline  
#54 of 60 Old 02-20-2007, 09:07 PM
 
MoonWillow's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Pemberly
Posts: 3,857
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by teeny_bean View Post
41w2d, today. All you people who haven't even hit your due date yet, I point and laugh in your general direction. We eat due dates for breakfast around here!

Come ON, baby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara Ann View Post
On a funny note, I was going to do some squatting and as I did my first one I split my pj pants big time. Oops!


Thanks for the laugh you guys.
MoonWillow is offline  
#55 of 60 Old 02-21-2007, 02:37 AM
 
anabellee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 2,024
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kathan12904 View Post
BTW "street pitocin" could also be referred to a sperm+orgasm. It worked like a charm to start my first labor. Of course, my baby wasn't in a great position (OP) when I used that home remedy, so I ended up with two days of contrx and a c/s. I'm being much more patient this time.
for some reason, this has never worked for us these last few days always seem to be the worst. add to it the problems that ds1 is having... i'm actually GLAD that i have to go to class tomorrow so i get a break from ds1. and ds2 seems to have had hiccups for days. he's sitting so low in my pelvis that the hiccups look really funny.

anne, mama to Isaak (6.13.05) Joe (2.24.07) and Eli (8.17.09) wifey to J since 2002 petparent to our retired racer "Under Rated" aka Jango.  help put an end to dog racing! 
anabellee is offline  
#56 of 60 Old 02-21-2007, 05:42 PM
 
appleseed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 305
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
39w3d with twins today. i'm almost sure i'm going to go overdue, because that's how i roll- my first DD was early by almost four weeks, so by default these two have to be tardy to the party. my kids swear by making mama crazy in every way possible!

my EDD was NEVER a concern to me, because everyone *knew* i would go early, blah blah... we never worried about going overdue, EVER, it was the last thing on our minds, so i never thought i'd have to adjust my frigging EDD just because i was worried about being post-dates! by my absolute LATEST possible conception date i'm due 3/2, so i might be only 38w5d, but still. with TWINS? big, normal-singleton-sized TWINS (we're guessing 8+ pounds each at this point...) WHINE WHINE WHINE. this sucks. physically, i don't even feel that bad (either that or i've learned to ignore it...) emotionally, i feel bad enough to make up for feeling okay physically. i spend at least an hour each day crying because obviously () my babies hate me and don't want to be born because i'm a bad mother, people are annoying me by calling constantly asking me where the babies are, people make stupid ignorant comments that maybe i'm just not "meant to have" these babies vaginally... i have ridiculous crazy dreams that the babies are laughing at me, that they're born weighing 11 pounds each, that they're born crawling and talking... i'm definitely going crazy it's so bad that my husband remarked that he wishes he could go back to work because MY crazy is starting to rub off on him

i'm comfortable personally going up to 41w with twins (41 weeks being by my latest possible EDD, so 3/9...) after that i'll need to personally re-evaluate and if an induction (castor oil/cohosh/whatever the MW wants to do) doesn't work, i'll probably be going in for a repeat C at that point... so there is time. however, i am wondering if i will have a single shred of sanity left by the time i get there :

i know i'm not pregnant forever or even at my EDD yet but it being with twins and all... i guess i feel entitled to vent

full time, single, slightly soggy WOHM to Juliet (12.31.2004 @ 36w5d) and Willow & Adam (2.22.2007 @ 39w5d, HBAC transfer) and... expecting my little womb warrior Eowyn Susanne in September
appleseed is offline  
#57 of 60 Old 02-21-2007, 07:31 PM
 
MoonWillow's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Pemberly
Posts: 3,857
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by appleseed View Post
39w3d with twins today. i'm almost sure i'm going to go overdue, because that's how i roll- my first DD was early by almost four weeks, so by default these two have to be tardy to the party. my kids swear by making mama crazy in every way possible!

my EDD was NEVER a concern to me, because everyone *knew* i would go early, blah blah... we never worried about going overdue, EVER, it was the last thing on our minds, so i never thought i'd have to adjust my frigging EDD just because i was worried about being post-dates! by my absolute LATEST possible conception date i'm due 3/2, so i might be only 38w5d, but still. with TWINS? big, normal-singleton-sized TWINS (we're guessing 8+ pounds each at this point...) WHINE WHINE WHINE. this sucks. physically, i don't even feel that bad (either that or i've learned to ignore it...) emotionally, i feel bad enough to make up for feeling okay physically. i spend at least an hour each day crying because obviously () my babies hate me and don't want to be born because i'm a bad mother, people are annoying me by calling constantly asking me where the babies are, people make stupid ignorant comments that maybe i'm just not "meant to have" these babies vaginally... i have ridiculous crazy dreams that the babies are laughing at me, that they're born weighing 11 pounds each, that they're born crawling and talking... i'm definitely going crazy it's so bad that my husband remarked that he wishes he could go back to work because MY crazy is starting to rub off on him

i'm comfortable personally going up to 41w with twins (41 weeks being by my latest possible EDD, so 3/9...) after that i'll need to personally re-evaluate and if an induction (castor oil/cohosh/whatever the MW wants to do) doesn't work, i'll probably be going in for a repeat C at that point... so there is time. however, i am wondering if i will have a single shred of sanity left by the time i get there :

i know i'm not pregnant forever or even at my EDD yet but it being with twins and all... i guess i feel entitled to vent
Oh you're entitled alright!
First of all though congratulations on holding those twins in for so long! 8 lbs each WOW! Secondly . It's GOT to be tough.
MoonWillow is offline  
#58 of 60 Old 02-22-2007, 02:36 PM
 
anabellee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 2,024
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
"this is the pregnancy that never ends...it just goes on and on my friends...." yes, i'm losing my mind...

anne, mama to Isaak (6.13.05) Joe (2.24.07) and Eli (8.17.09) wifey to J since 2002 petparent to our retired racer "Under Rated" aka Jango.  help put an end to dog racing! 
anabellee is offline  
#59 of 60 Old 02-22-2007, 04:08 PM
 
arlecchina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 975
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I am pregnant forever

was due the 14th. I lost my mucous plug a week ago, I get ctx and diarrhea but no baby happens
arlecchina is offline  
#60 of 60 Old 02-22-2007, 09:07 PM
 
anabellee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 2,024
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i lost my plug over christmas when we all had the nasty puking bug. i have no reliable sign that the end is anywhere in sight. it's just weird because my first was early and now the second, which i assumed would come out faster, is *still* in there. oy:

anne, mama to Isaak (6.13.05) Joe (2.24.07) and Eli (8.17.09) wifey to J since 2002 petparent to our retired racer "Under Rated" aka Jango.  help put an end to dog racing! 
anabellee is offline  
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off