Not a birthday baby - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 02-16-2007, 12:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
*sigh* oh well.
Mom's home from the hospital, she came home Valentine's day. We were hoping that K would be born the next day, Mom's birthday. I started having mild contractions at 2pm,* but they weren't regular at all, and they averaged about 15 minutes apart. There were a few stronger ones at 4 and 5 minutes apart. They continued until I fell asleep at 11:30 and were gone when I got up at 6. DH was sitting there hoping for a phone call at work, and instead I slept through the night for the first time in a few weeks!

At least now that he wasn't born the 15th, there's no stress or worry except to get him out before the 23rd so I don't have to "pick a day." We have an appointment at 3, hopefully all those contractions did -something- and maybe he'll keep me!

*I was sitting on the couch and I said "it keeps getting tight right here" and pointed to my belly. Mom looked at me and said "Danielle, that's... contractions."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 02-16-2007, 01:26 PM

I'm glad your mom is home, but the waiting sure is a pain, isn't it! I know your body is still working, all those BH are helping things along! Hang in there!!
#3 of 4 Old 02-16-2007, 03:42 PM

Just think that this baby will have its own suoer special birthday.

A doula who married a cop & became a mama to 3 boys: G 12/22/00, my rainbow baby B 2/2/07 and L 2/10/10 my CBA2V baby, waiting for my little caboose late February 2013 & always remembering my two angels 2006 & 2012.

#4 of 4 Old 02-16-2007, 06:12 PM

We're actually due the same day, but I am the opposite. There were some days I didn't want the baby born. DH and I have two nieces born in Feb and I didn't want our baby being born the same day as either. I just didn't want our baby to steal the spotlight from them.
Good to hear your mom is home and well. I hope my little one hangs in there until my mom flies out here. It would be great for her to be here for the birth.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page