the *still pregnant* roll call - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 96 Old 02-23-2007, 08:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Still here, my EDD was the 14th too. So tired of all the calls, especially b/c we had a false alarm earlier this week (thought my water broke but it was just a lot of bloody show). I think people have gotten the point by now b/c the calls and emails have dwindled - I'm trying to fend them off by sending out "no news" updates every couple of days.

I've been having lots of random contractions, though nothing really painful. Far as I know I'm still at 3 cm. Not uncomfortable, just really impatient! hope it happens this weekend....:

good luck everyone!
#32 of 96 Old 02-23-2007, 10:47 PM

I just don't understand. Don't people realize that they will be TOLD when something happens? It seems obvious to me that this would be annoying to someone in our situation but apparently only pregnant women truly realize it. Or we all wouldn't be having the same problem. But no wait, many of these women have BEEN pregnant before !
:
#33 of 96 Old 02-23-2007, 10:57 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotherWren View Post
I just don't understand. Don't people realize that they will be TOLD when something happens? It seems obvious to me that this would be annoying to someone in our situation but apparently only pregnant women truly realize it. Or we all wouldn't be having the same problem. But no wait, many of these women have BEEN pregnant before !
:
exactly!!!!

anne, mama to Isaak (6.13.05) Joe (2.24.07) and Eli (8.17.09) wifey to J since 2002 petparent to our retired racer "Under Rated" aka Jango.  help put an end to dog racing! 
#34 of 96 Old 02-24-2007, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anabellee View Post
exactly!!!!
no clue - I hate being the center of attention, so I'm perfectly happy to have a party after the baby gets here, but until then I'm going to remain my low-key self....my MIL can't figure out why I wouldn't want to celebrate the onset of labor with the whole family. whatever. : step-MIL was obsessed with my giving birth today b/c it's her daughter's bday...ugh. At least today was relatively quiet!
#35 of 96 Old 02-24-2007, 02:24 AM - Thread Starter

adding injury to insult... we all now have some gross stomach bug. hooray for having to go up and down 2 flights of stairs and wash puked on sheets, clothes and stuffed animals. on the plus side, maybe all the "getting sick" i'm doing will get the baby moving

anne, mama to Isaak (6.13.05) Joe (2.24.07) and Eli (8.17.09) wifey to J since 2002 petparent to our retired racer "Under Rated" aka Jango.  help put an end to dog racing! 
#36 of 96 Old 02-24-2007, 04:41 AM

I was due on the 20th. Luckily, my family knows not to bug me about it, but more annoying than that are the "small talk" acquaintances: teachers at my daughter's nursery school, other moms there, neighbors. I get that they don't really know me and are just looking for subjects to touch on for the 30 seconds we see each other everyday, but please leave me alone. You don't want to know when my due date really is. You will forget as soon as I tell you and ask me again next time you see me still pregnant. Just back off, can't you see the wild look in my eye that says "I'm as pregnant as pregnant gets and even I don't know what I'm capable of at this point." I'm going into underground hiding if I don't have this baby soon.

Mom of three spunktastic kiddos, supported by super-partner while dabbling in midwifery and organic farming. Biting off more than I can chew since '03.
#37 of 96 Old 02-24-2007, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anabellee View Post
adding injury to insult... we all now have some gross stomach bug. hooray for having to go up and down 2 flights of stairs and wash puked on sheets, clothes and stuffed animals. on the plus side, maybe all the "getting sick" i'm doing will get the baby moving
Oh I'm sorry you're sick. We had that bug before Christmas and it was just awful. I probably wouldn't want to labor during that. Maybe it's a blessing in disguise that your body waits at least until you can get rested and hydrated before making you work hard. I hope you feel better soon .
#38 of 96 Old 02-24-2007, 11:24 AM

I'm due on monday and already a little antsy. My friends keep calling too-- they seem nervous that I'll give birth and not tell anyone. But I've told them everything since the very beginning! I told them I was pregnant at like 6 weeks, that it was going to be a girl, I even tossed out names we were thinking of, the exact due date, etc, etc-- what makes them think I won't tell them when the baby is actually born?
#39 of 96 Old 02-24-2007, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathan12904 View Post
I was due on the 20th. Luckily, my family knows not to bug me about it, but more annoying than that are the "small talk" acquaintances: teachers at my daughter's nursery school, other moms there, neighbors. I get that they don't really know me and are just looking for subjects to touch on for the 30 seconds we see each other everyday, but please leave me alone. You don't want to know when my due date really is. You will forget as soon as I tell you and ask me again next time you see me still pregnant. Just back off, can't you see the wild look in my eye that says "I'm as pregnant as pregnant gets and even I don't know what I'm capable of at this point." I'm going into underground hiding if I don't have this baby soon.

Ugh I hear ya! I was working as a teacher up until 2 weeks ago. I still have to take my son into preschool dayly and get all the comments from parents and teachers and everyone who sees me come in the door. It totally doesn't help that most of the people don't junderstand why i don't get a seduled c-sec or at least induced

Erin Mama to thing 1 and 2 WAH with CELIAC?! Living and Learning
#40 of 96 Old 02-24-2007, 06:28 PM

Quote:
I was due the 15th and OMG the calls. Esp my MIL who keeps asking if "they" have any idea when it might be. I told her repeatedly that there is no way of knowing this, but she still asks, every..single..day!
This. Exactly. There is just no predicting... unless you're MotheringMe's family!
#41 of 96 Old 02-24-2007, 07:07 PM

to everyone... I was 12 days past my first due date and it was really hard... you guys will get there!!! I hate it when people call to see if you had the baby yet... I can kinda forgive the ones without kids because they don't know better (they should but they don't)... but if it's a mother calling? AGHGHGHGHGHG!!! There is NO excuse for that!!

I wanted to reach through the phone/computer, strangle the person and say, yeah, we had the baby and decided to just NOT TELL YOU!!!

Want to know what is really irritating... I had several days of prodromal labor plus another 26 hours in labor and delivery and my SIL who has two kids said something to the effect of how much she knows what I went through... she labored for LESS THAN TWO HOURS!!!!!!!! I was like, what the FU*$ are you talking about??? You can't compare my labor to yours!!!
#42 of 96 Old 02-25-2007, 05:01 PM

Honestly, I feel like I will now be pregnant forever. I didn't really occur to me before that I could have been in the wrong DDC all this time, that I could actually have a March baby!
I don't know why that seems like such a big deal except that I didn't have to wait with my first child (since they just took him out) so it never occured to me that I may be left waiting, and that this waiting could be so incredibly hard!
OMG! :

timneh_mom, I am so happy for you though! I know you were playing the waiting game too and that things got really rough for you towards the end there.
#43 of 96 Old 02-25-2007, 07:02 PM

I am also going to be pregnant forever. I am now 41weeks 4 days. I am beginning to wonder if I will ever see this baby. I am so frustrated with the stop and start labor. I just want to meet this little one and it is not happening.
#44 of 96 Old 02-25-2007, 07:32 PM

I'm STILL here. I'm now 9 days past EDD. We've been doing everything that I dare to bring on labor naturally. I'm just SO tired, and my bp is going up so I'm worrying that I may lose my homebirth if it doesn't even out here pretty quickly. Unfortunately, my bp is tied pretty closely to my emotions and they are running pretty high right now with worry about why this little girl hasn't come yet.
#45 of 96 Old 02-25-2007, 08:46 PM

I don't know about you guys but it really helps me to know that I'm not alone here.
#46 of 96 Old 02-25-2007, 10:23 PM

still here

::
#47 of 96 Old 02-25-2007, 11:33 PM

I was due Friday or Saturday and I'm still pregnant! DD was born at 41 weeks so I'm expecting the same for this one...although I really am ready! This morning I lost a bunch of mucous plug, but I know that doesn't mean anything, so we're still waiting! We've turned off the ringer on the phone and changed the message on the answering machine to say "Nope the baby is not here yet and we will call you when anything happens."

CPST & mom

#48 of 96 Old 02-26-2007, 12:04 AM

Still here, totally miserable and sick of all the questions and anticipation. I am so ready to meet this baby! I'm due tomorrow but people have been bugging me for two weeks now.:
#49 of 96 Old 02-26-2007, 12:53 AM

Due tomorrow.... I wish people would stop calling and emailing!! I now know to NEVER do that to a preggo!
#50 of 96 Old 02-26-2007, 10:32 AM

Yup, due today and crabby as hell. I really thought I'd be one of those happy patient ones, but I'm really swollen and tired of carrying this giant baby.
#51 of 96 Old 02-26-2007, 10:48 AM

still here..and still here....and still here......
I wish I could just relax and accept the fact that she is just not ready. I'm just SO UNCOMFORTABLE!
#52 of 96 Old 02-26-2007, 11:00 AM

Quote:
still here..and still here....and still here......
I wish I could just relax and accept the fact that she is just not ready. I'm just SO UNCOMFORTABLE!
:

Motherwren, your little pregnant lady in siggy looks so happy. I wish I was that way. I was also due on Feb. 15th.
#53 of 96 Old 02-26-2007, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelleybug View Post
:

Motherwren, your little pregnant lady in siggy looks so happy. I wish I was that way. I was also due on Feb. 15th.
Ha ha! Maybe I should change it because this pregnant lady ain't too happy
#54 of 96 Old 02-26-2007, 12:23 PM

Woke up this morning and to my shock I"M STILL PREGNANT! So, 10 days over due. MW calls last night and says please don't go into labor for the next 24 hours cuz her other client just started labor. Argh! Not that I will anyways, but I just wanted to deck her over the phone.

I think by the end of today I'm just going to be a big ball of tears. I hope the rest of you are having a better time of it than me.
#55 of 96 Old 02-26-2007, 02:47 PM

I'm only 6 days over and starting to go a little nuts. I am pretty confident that nothing will happen until at least Thursday when bf's 4 yo goes back to her mother's house for the week. It is one meltdown/crying fit after another over here and I think my little guy doesn't want to come out until the outside environment is a little less stressful. I am starting to wish that I had a nice, warm uterus to crawl into until the end of the week. :

love.gif

#56 of 96 Old 02-26-2007, 06:34 PM

I'm still here too. 6 days over. I have about a half a dozen contrax each day, and they've been getting stronger, but not closer or longer or increasing in number. My mw measured me yesterday and said that my fundal height had decreased by 2cm since a week ago, so hopefully he(or she) is getting lower, but I sure wish this would just get going already.

Mom of three spunktastic kiddos, supported by super-partner while dabbling in midwifery and organic farming. Biting off more than I can chew since '03.
#57 of 96 Old 02-26-2007, 06:58 PM

anyone trying anything to induce labor? They are talking induction with me so I took some castor oil- 2TB scrambled in 3 eggs. (drastic times call for drastic measures) and apparently castor oil has no effect on me! I heard it was so horrible- but NOTHING. No poop even. My goodness I am going to be pregnant forever (well... not so if I get induced but BLECH!)
#58 of 96 Old 02-27-2007, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veganmomma View Post
Woke up this morning and to my shock I"M STILL PREGNANT! So, 10 days over due. MW calls last night and says please don't go into labor for the next 24 hours cuz her other client just started labor. Argh! Not that I will anyways, but I just wanted to deck her over the phone.

I think by the end of today I'm just going to be a big ball of tears. I hope the rest of you are having a better time of it than me.

DH told me that he has a big project at work, so today would be really inconvenient for him (Grrrr, no smiley to express, just grrrrr.....)
#59 of 96 Old 02-28-2007, 01:34 PM

Well, today I am 42 weeks! My MW will let me go as long as I want. I have done everything I can to start labor and NOTHING is working. So today I give up!!! I just don't care if I am going to be pregnant forever. I am done trying to get this baby out. I am sick of herbs, oils, massage, and even sex! I am going back to bed and will get up maybe around June!:
#60 of 96 Old 02-28-2007, 06:12 PM

Feb 28 and no labor, do we all have to move to the March DDC now?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page