After everything... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 02-26-2007, 09:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It looks like I might get induced tomorrow morning anyway. I just got home from my bi weekly AFI and NST. We left the hospital against their advisement. My fluid measured a 2. The NST was still good but the midwife on call wanted me to stay overnight at least for monitoring, until my midwife comes on call at 7am at which time they'd start pitocin. So I left at my "own risk" and got a lot of scary stuff thrown at me. (She really DID seem nervous)
Anyway I agreed to come back at 7am to be induced, but my plan is to have my midwife have do a palpation and then maybe request another sonogram. I'm just not comfortable with the girl who did it today. The other one usually double and triple checks and this one only did it once and was very quick to accept the number. So...I went with my instincts (I think) and left but I am an emotional wreck with the fact that in less than 12 hours I could be on a pitocin drip. After all my ranting and raving about inductions...
I just don't know how comfortable I am, going on indefinitely with a fluid number of 2. It's a risk analysis at this point and it's looking like one that I may not be comfortable taking. I'm not happy either way I guess. Please send me hard labor vibes tonight!
:

UPDATE!

I'm home you guys and I have the Lucy Elizabeth with me. It will take a lot of thinking on my part to be able to do the whole experience justice with words. I'll post the birth story as soon as I feel able to do this. I'll also link to pics asap. It didn't go as planned but my phenomenal midwives and doula were pure gold.
I love you all and thank you so much for the support.
#2 of 14 Old 02-26-2007, 10:02 PM

: Labor for MotherWren : Labor for MotherWren : Labor for MotherWren : Labor for MotherWren : Labor for MotherWren : Labor for MotherWren : Labor for MotherWren : Labor for MotherWren

#3 of 14 Old 02-26-2007, 10:45 PM

I'm sorry!!! Facing induction is no fun at all! I hope things all work out for you... lots of labor vibes coming your way but if it doesn't start on your own, I know you will make all the decisions you need to make to keep you and your baby safe and healthy...
#4 of 14 Old 02-26-2007, 11:15 PM

labour vibes to you, dear.
#5 of 14 Old 02-26-2007, 11:55 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks guys
#6 of 14 Old 02-27-2007, 12:03 AM

Sending you lots of labor vibes! I am facing an induction as well... and while it may not be the BEST thing, at least you get to meet that precious child!! I cried to my husband about my possible induction this morning, but in the grand scheme of things... I get to have a BABY even if it is with pitocin!!

Still, I am very much hoping that we both get the kind of births we are wanting
#7 of 14 Old 02-27-2007, 12:12 AM

i wish i could have seen this earlier... what about taking some castor oil tonight?

might save you a pitocin induction.

good luck, whatever you decide. i'll light a candle on my birth altar for you.

"Someone I loved once gave me a box full of darkness. It took me years to understand that this, too, was a gift." -- Mary Olivercoolshine.gif

#8 of 14 Old 02-27-2007, 12:32 AM

Would you consider maybe skipping the induction tomorrow and instead go for some acupuncture? I've heard great things about it bringing on labor naturally, especially in combination with castor oil and homeopathic black and blue cohosh. You seem really desperate to avoid a hospital induction, otherwise I wouldn't suggest it. It worked for a lot of people I know personally.
#9 of 14 Old 02-27-2007, 09:20 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you Honey for the candle . I never did castor oil but I have been doing EPO for quite awhile and had my membranes stripped. And DreamsInDigital thanks for the suggestion. I've been getting accupressure pretty steadily since Saturday though. My aunt who does it professionally is staying with me. It proably HAS helped. Baby's super low and hopefully I'll get a fantastic Bishop score.
If when my midwife does a palpation and feels fluid, I'm comin' home
For now though, I'm headed in.
I'll update asap.
Thanks everybody for the support. I'm feeling pretty ok this a.m. so your well wishes must have made a difference. .
#10 of 14 Old 02-27-2007, 11:50 AM

Thinking of you this morning.
#11 of 14 Old 02-27-2007, 01:43 PM

Anxiously awaiting an update.
#12 of 14 Old 02-27-2007, 02:01 PM

Fingers crossed, sweetie. I pray everything goes as well as it possibly can for you and baby.
#13 of 14 Old 02-28-2007, 12:32 AM

You are still in our thoughts & prayers!

A doula who married a cop & became a mama to 3 boys: G 12/22/00, my rainbow baby B 2/2/07 and L 2/10/10 my CBA2V baby, waiting for my little caboose late February 2013 & always remembering my two angels 2006 & 2012.

#14 of 14 Old 02-28-2007, 10:42 AM

just wanted to let you all know that i was able to hook wren up with a great doula, who hopefully will help her avoid a c-section. (and other nasty interventions)

not much of an update, but it's good to know a birthing attendant will be with her who is looking out for her only.

"Someone I loved once gave me a box full of darkness. It took me years to understand that this, too, was a gift." -- Mary Olivercoolshine.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page