my birth story - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 03-01-2007, 01:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
so, because i know that i won't finish the whole birth story for quite awhile here's the condensed version....

labor started at midnight. i was totally in denial about the whole thing. since we were all sick i thought nothing of it. when i started having trouble sleeping though ctx around 3am i got up to clean the house since we had a showing in the morning. J and i decided that if things didn't slow down by 6 we would pack up Spud and head out to the hospital (45 minutes away). so, we do, dropping Spud at dc on our way. get to the bc/hosp. and find out i'm 6cm and the mw can't deliver me there because her back up OB is out of town they want to transfer me to another hosp. another 40 minutes north. J gets pissed i say hell no and we'll just go back into town and deliver at the sh*tty hosp. that i had Spud at because atleast i know ins. will cover it and i know the docs and nurses there. (also a good thing because we were in the middle of an awful storm which turned into an ice storm and people in the town where they wanted to transfer me lost power for several days) the stupid nurse refuses to let us go. J literally ripped her a new one telling her to "get the f*cking AMA form or we'll leave without one" all the while i'm still laboring and they're fighting. so, finally she gets a form i sign out and we drive back (we made the trip in 30 minutes) and get to the hosp. by the time we get there i'm atleast 8 maybe 9. they take me up to LDR and oddly enough i'm in the same room as before with the same WONDERFUL nurse! after they monitor me for just a minute she goes to fill the tub. before i can even get in though i end up having the baby! i was at the hosp. less than an hour before he was born the doc was great, very nice funny guy who listened to all our wishes. no IV's, no vaxing the babe, no circ, and let us take our placenta home. which, APPARENTLY, is considered biological waste! so, our nurse went through hell and high water and got her boss to come talk to J who made up this lie about how we need it untouched (i.e. not biopsied or added chemicals) for religious purposes! lo' and behold, it worked and i've been drinking placenta smoothies no, it's not gross. after we ate some food and hung out for a bit we went back to recovery. Joe got to stay with us the whole time. the ped came in to see him, said he is wonderful and that after the customary 12 hours we could go home! so we did. now, some people could be really upset by the whole ordeal but all in all, i feel ok with it. i had the natural birth that i wanted and even though i spent the most difficult part of labor in our truck, i think it helped concentrating and focusing on something (not giving birth in there ) i met an awesome new ped for our boys (ours moved last month and we still hadn't found a new one) and all our birth wishes were still met. the doc even sent us balloons! apparently i was quite the talk of the OB floor transferring in and giving birth so quickly and without drugs the mw called us later and apologized to no end for the screw up. i wish they would have told us this BEFORE hand so we would have known to call the hosp. before we went. all in all i would just say that this is reason #98232764 to have a home birth...if only there was a mw who could do one here! other than the whole hospital screw up though, i'm fine. i feel great, very minimal bleeding, Joe nurses great. i'm pretty sure he's getting milk in now. i don't have the leaking problems i had last time but my boobs are huge and tender and Joe has bm dipes i'm hoping that this doesn't mean i'll have a supply problem again but that i'm just lucky and not a milk fountain and we all still have some sort of bug, well, J and Spud do. i feel ok aside from a scratchy throat. SPud had a fever today and J is still coughing. Spud's fever may be from his molars cutting though so i'm not sure. so, things are good here. i'm having a hard time taking care of a sick toddler and a newborn but it's ok. i was only alone with them for an hour today and of course all hell broke loose as soon as J walked out the door. we survived though. oh, and the house showing never happened the people pulled up, saw the cemetery and refused to go in the house

anne, mama to Isaak (6.13.05) Joe (2.24.07) and Eli (8.17.09) wifey to J since 2002 petparent to our retired racer "Under Rated" aka Jango.  help put an end to dog racing! 
#2 of 4 Old 03-02-2007, 03:09 AM

What a great story! Sounds like my last birth! Congrats!

CD(DONA), Wife to Jason, Momma to Xander (7), Hayden (5), & Hanna (4)
#3 of 4 Old 03-06-2007, 07:59 PM

Hi Anne!! I found you on MDC, haha!! Now you have no secrets Beautiful birth story, I hope things go as well for me!
#4 of 4 Old 03-09-2007, 12:38 AM

Congratulations, what an adventure!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page