Am I the only one? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 03-05-2007, 07:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I had the baby 3 weeks ago and I am dying to have sex: !!!!!!! I am getting the iud in 2 more weeks but I dont know if I can wait.......... ggggrrrrrrrrrr I havent had sex for like 3 months!!! hell, maybe Ill meet some new friends in the december 2007 ddc to...lol j/k: scary thought...I guess I can wait 2 more weeks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 13 Old 03-05-2007, 07:58 PM

are you not nursing at least every 4 hours? if so, you are safe until baby is 6 months old.

be advised IUDs can suppress prolactin production, which can cause your milk supply to decrease. i know several women who have had major problems with this.

"Someone I loved once gave me a box full of darkness. It took me years to understand that this, too, was a gift." -- Mary Olivercoolshine.gif

#3 of 13 Old 03-07-2007, 08:12 PM

You're definitely not the only one! My doctor said nothing "below the belt" til my check-up, which is either 2 or 3 weeks from today. DH and I are going crazy.
#4 of 13 Old 03-07-2007, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybeedreams View Post
are you not nursing at least every 4 hours? if so, you are safe until baby is 6 months old.

be advised IUDs can suppress prolactin production, which can cause your milk supply to decrease. i know several women who have had major problems with this.
Sehbub got pg after only 4 weeks and she was bfing at the time. I know it's rare, but it does happen,

Quote:
Originally Posted by dooney View Post
You're definitely not the only one! My doctor said nothing "below the belt" til my check-up, which is either 2 or 3 weeks from today. DH and I are going crazy.
Really???

Sarah knit.gif married to Micah, mama to dd1 (9), dd2 (7) and ds (2). We love to homeschool.gif h20homebirth.gif goorganic.jpgchicken3.gif
#5 of 13 Old 03-07-2007, 09:46 PM

[QUOTE=sarah_bella1050;7496395]Sehbub got pg after only 4 weeks and she was bfing at the time. I know it's rare, but it does happen,

i believe she was pumping because her first baby was a premie, right? pumping doesn't count. and you have to be sure you are nursing every hours hours or less around the clock. no bottles.

"Someone I loved once gave me a box full of darkness. It took me years to understand that this, too, was a gift." -- Mary Olivercoolshine.gif

#6 of 13 Old 03-07-2007, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dooney View Post

have sex as soon as you feel up to it.

#7 of 13 Old 03-08-2007, 02:13 AM

I thought you could have sex as soon as you are done bleeding??? We've already done it but its been 5 weeks and it was very very gently, I have lots of scar tissue that needs to be broken up, so things are a bit tight right now.
#8 of 13 Old 03-08-2007, 10:54 AM

Yeah, the safe for 6 months thing doesn't apply to everyone, especially if bottles, pacificers or pumping are involved.
#9 of 13 Old 03-09-2007, 01:35 AM

i'd kill DH if he even LOOKED at me like that any time soon i guess that's my body's way of making sure there's no more twins in my immediate future though

full time, single, slightly soggy WOHM to Juliet (12.31.2004 @ 36w5d) and Willow & Adam (2.22.2007 @ 39w5d, HBAC transfer) and... expecting my little womb warrior Eowyn Susanne in September
#10 of 13 Old 03-09-2007, 12:14 PM

I wish I felt that way as it would get dh off my back about it. : He has been driving me nuts for the past week and a half. I wish that I could make him understand that it is the last thing on my mind.
#11 of 13 Old 03-09-2007, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybeedreams View Post
have sex as soon as you feel up to it.
I think I have a UTI now. : At least it feels like I do. I made DH go get me cranberry juice and I'm drinking that and lots of water. That worked the last time.
#12 of 13 Old 03-09-2007, 03:48 PM

I am definitely ready, but not ready in the same way Our schedules just don't mesh well since DH works rotating graveyards. How we managed to get pregnant amazes me sometimes:
I need to start temping again also...i've been slacking in that area big time.

A doula who married a cop & became a mama to 3 boys: G 12/22/00, my rainbow baby B 2/2/07 and L 2/10/10 my CBA2V baby, waiting for my little caboose late February 2013 & always remembering my two angels 2006 & 2012.

#13 of 13 Old 03-12-2007, 06:13 PM

I'm ready, but dh is saying no way unitl I agree to a vasactomy. Which I never will, so I pray her gives in! This is so weird though, I never wanted it until my others were at least 14 months! DD is not even 3 weeks!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page