Question for low supply (IGT or similar) mamas who had a full supply with a subsequent child - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-28-2009, 11:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just curious here. I had a low supply with DS and have a full supply (I think) now. DS nursed for 26 months however.

So my question is: How many months did you nurse, in total, before the child you had a full supply with was born?

Does that make sense? I've heard of L/S moms who finally had enough for their 2nd, 3rd or 4th child. I wonder if the amount of time spent nursing prior has a significance.

Taryn-31 Crunchy Conservative Catholic SAHM with DH-32
DS 7.5, DD 5 (vbac), DD 2.5 (vbac), and DD 12/30/13 (vbac)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2009, 12:52 AM

I don't think it has an effect. Baby 1 and I only made it 5 months.
Old 03-29-2009, 01:18 AM

From what I have read, breast stimulation never hurts, especially if you can manage it through a subsequent pregnancy when tissue growth is likely.

I supplemented from 6w-11.5mo almost exclusively at the breast with my daughter. She still nurses a few times a day at 2.5y and I am halfway through my second pregnancy. Obvuiously other factors could cause them, but over the last two weeks, I have seen an eruption of new stretch marks on my breasts, which I am hopeful means more tissue and a larger supply with this kiddo.

I anticipate nursing my first for 32-33mo total, then taking a break for 2-3 months before the second is born.

Mama to Raina (9/06) and Peter (8/09)!

User Tag List