How long for dom to get here? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 04-27-2009, 07:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
If you live in the US and ordered dom from Inhouse, how long did it take to arrive?

I just had my baby and am having the same supply problems as with my first.

I have about 10 days' worth on hand, just wondering if that will be enough to get me through until the order I just placed arrived. I can't remember how long it took last time (3 years ago). I don't want to run out before it gets here.

Rebecca, mama to M (08/06) and E (04/09)
#2 of 6 Old 04-28-2009, 01:41 AM

Sorry, I don't know the answer to your question about how fast the Domperidone will arrive, but congratulations on your new baby!

I noticed she was just born 4 days ago; are you sure your milk has fully come in yet? I've read that even mothers with full supplies often need to work to build a good supply in the first days and weeks.

I also struggled with low supply with my DD, so I know how hard it is! Good luck and I hope your Dom arrives quickly!
#3 of 6 Old 04-28-2009, 01:59 AM

I ordered from Inhouse and it took about 12 days to get to me.
#4 of 6 Old 04-28-2009, 07:42 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stgertrude View Post
Sorry, I don't know the answer to your question about how fast the Domperidone will arrive, but congratulations on your new baby!

I noticed she was just born 4 days ago; are you sure your milk has fully come in yet? I've read that even mothers with full supplies often need to work to build a good supply in the first days and weeks.

I also struggled with low supply with my DD, so I know how hard it is! Good luck and I hope your Dom arrives quickly!
We're on day 6 now... she was born at 4 am on Thursday.

My milk seems to be sloooooowly coming in, but by day 4 she had already dropped 12+% of her birth weight and hadn't pooped (or peed much) since day 1, so we have had to give her some EBM from a friend to get through until my supply gets going. Non-stop screaming baby, not so fun.

This morning I seem to have more fullness and more milk, and I do have a rental pump that I'm using as well. But at this point, given my history, I am ok with just starting the dom now and working on increasing supply both ways (pump + dom). Both of the LCs that I am working with seem to think that I'm better off starting the dom very early, since my milk hasn't come rushing in, and we can work on weaning off it later if my milk supply catches up.

But of course, as any mama who has had milk supply issues knows, it's part science and part art to get things going!

Rebecca, mama to M (08/06) and E (04/09)
#5 of 6 Old 04-28-2009, 10:51 AM

Quote:
But of course, as any mama who has had milk supply issues knows, it's part science and part art to get things going!
You're so right about that!! I hope things get going for you soon! Keep us posted! :
#6 of 6 Old 04-28-2009, 03:57 PM

Congratulations and good luck with everything! My first order from in house got delayed at customs and took 3 weeks. But my 2nd order took a week. Hopefully yours won't get stuck and it should come fast.

Cindy

Mama to my veggie girl hearts.gif(1/09) and my sweet rainbow baby rainbow1284.gif (9/12). 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page