extra breast tissue below breast; annoying - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 06-17-2009, 03:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
so when i had ds 5 years ago i discovered i have extra breast tissue below one of my breasts. it's just an area that became engorged along with my breasts when my milk came in. can't see it unless i'm engorged, so not an issue most of the time.

it's annoying me now because any time i wear a bra that actually fits, i get a bruised plugged duct feeling under the band of my bra.

so i guess my options are to wear a bra with too loose of a band, therefore unsupportive, or suffer plugged ducts.

it's annoying because for the first time in my life i have a ggreat bra that fits right and i'm stuck wearing crappy ones that don't do their job (therefore look terrible with the whole saggy look)

just pouting i guess.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 06-17-2009, 03:49 PM

My extra tissue is in my armpit! When I become engorged I can't put my arm down!!! I have to massage the milk towards my breast......I'm due any day and can't wear tank tops without looking like a freak.......I can relate is all I'm saying.....it never went away either from DS1 to this baby!

still learning
#3 of 5 Old 06-18-2009, 09:16 PM

nak

well there's another option. i had a similar problem as a child that resolved when i was 14--extra breast tissue and an undeveloped 3rd nipple. I had it surgically removed, and my doctor got my insurance to cover it because of the discomfort it caused me. Basically when I wore a bra, it rubbed and made me uncomfortable (and I felt like a lopsided freak). The area has become more noticeable since I've been nursing, but I do have about half the supply on that side as I do on the "good side."

so if it's really a problem for you and you're considering surgery, I would wait until you're done nursing. just my 2 cents.

ETA I know what you mean about the "good bras." I've been afraid to wear good ones since I've been nursing. So I'm rocking the uniboob look for now.

#4 of 5 Old 06-18-2009, 09:25 PM

I had extra breast tissue under my right arm that I had to have removed while I was nursing. The milk in that tissue was not able to drain at all and it was so painful. It was difficult for the surgeon to remove (he left some in the upper part), and I had to have a drain in my armpit for a couple of weeks, but I was so glad to have it out.
#5 of 5 Old 06-19-2009, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Learning View Post
it's annoying me now because any time i wear a bra that actually fits, i get a bruised plugged duct feeling under the band of my bra.
I also wanted to say that I'm glad you started this thread, because it really makes me feel better about my breast issue. I felt pretty alone before!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page