Help me?? Nursing at risk due to my Pedi. - Page 4 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#91 of 98 Old 10-31-2009, 03:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
JMHO, I think you are totally right to be more concerned about not losing then gaining, when he has been a bit sick. Illness, as I understand it, often has a short-term dip in weight because his body is focusing on taking care of the illness. That's the first priority, and now that he is better, his body can focus on gaining again. As long as all other indications are good: poops, pees, seems satisfied and healthy in general.
We'll be waiting for your news Wed!

toddling baby boy born 7/09; running everywhere!

#92 of 98 Old 10-31-2009, 05:39 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hezasan View Post
JMHO, I think you are totally right to be more concerned about not losing then gaining, when he has been a bit sick. Illness, as I understand it, often has a short-term dip in weight because his body is focusing on taking care of the illness. That's the first priority, and now that he is better, his body can focus on gaining again. As long as all other indications are good: poops, pees, seems satisfied and healthy in general.
We'll be waiting for your news Wed!
Wonderful, thank you for those very encouraging words! He is still pooping at least 2-3 times a day, and peeing more than ever before. He can also pull up tears when he is trying to look pathetic. He seems very satisfied after each feeding, and the only time he doesn't is when it's nap time for him!

~Cassie~ Mama of Katie 10 Josie 8 Gabe 5 Connor 3 and Forrest 2 and we almost made it to two nursing!!

#93 of 98 Old 11-04-2009, 04:36 PM

Just wanted to see how things have been going for you. When do you get another weight check?
Hope all is going well, we are thinking about you often.
#94 of 98 Old 11-04-2009, 08:57 PM - Thread Starter

Hi everyone, we had a weight check today. I was nervous as he's been sick almost all of the last two weeks so I didn't think he would have gained much since he didn't want to supplement at all. So he weighed in at 11 lbs 10 oz (6 oz gained)(empty tummy) and our ped said that since he had been sick and not supplementing, that was perfectly fine weight gain. He said that since he seems healthier to try and use more supplement again for a little while and to see him back in 2 weeks. I told him that I wasn't worried about the supplement while he was sick, I was more worried about keeping him hydrated and on a good schedule and he said that I was absolutely right. He said that he would talk to me about solids in 2 more weeks, I told him I wasn't in a rush to introduce the empty calories of cereal just yet, and he said that was fine. I am so relieved to hear that he agreed with my line of thinking while sick. Such a relief!!

~Cassie~ Mama of Katie 10 Josie 8 Gabe 5 Connor 3 and Forrest 2 and we almost made it to two nursing!!

#95 of 98 Old 11-22-2009, 02:06 AM - Thread Starter

I only have a couple minutes since I am borrowing my sisters computer. But I wanted to let you know that we had a weight check on this last wednesday and he weighed in at 12 # 2 oz and had grown 1.5 inches in about a month (minus a couple days) and his head and gained 2 cm!! The ped said to go a month this time. And that what we are doing now for hm seems to be working very well. I am so thankful for all your help and support!

#96 of 98 Old 05-29-2010, 11:56 AM - Thread Starter

Just in case anyone follows this post anymore I wanted to let you know that he is doing AWESOME! He has finally made it back on the growth curve (10th%) He weighed in at 18# 12 oz on the 24th. He has another ear infection following a cold. And two months ago he weighed 16# 8 oz. So he is gaining great. We no longer have weight checks, only when he is scheduled for a well baby check up or if he is sick. He is eating solids with us at every meal and still nursing every 2-3 hours around the clock. He loves his boobs lol, which makes me (beyond) happy. I am still taking dom (60 mg/day), and when I feel like I need a boost I also take Motherlove More Milk Plus once or twice with Goat's Rue. He is such a happy boy and now has 3 teeth, working on #4. This has been an amazing journey, and one that I don't know how I survived. I'm just very thankful to have made this journey a success story. Thank you for all your help and kind words

#97 of 98 Old 05-29-2010, 01:03 PM

So happy to hear the wonderful news! Well done, Mama!
#98 of 98 Old 06-02-2010, 10:09 PM

Just happened to check in, and what great news! 10th % is fabulous! My 10 mo is still only in the 20th % for weight, and he never had any dips, so I think 10th is great news for your guy!
Happy to hear you are all doing well.

toddling baby boy born 7/09; running everywhere!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page