correcting confusion. how long after banishing bottle will his proper latch come back? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 05-08-2010, 07:48 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
my son had nipple confusion so i had to continue with his bottle and just give him my expressed milk. i wanted breastfeeding back so i have completely gotten rid of the bottles and am breast feeding him and then syringe feeding him expressed milk through a syringe to account for what hes not getting out due to his bad latch. i then pump to empty out what he didnt get and use it at the next feeding. my question is how long will it take him to correct his latch now that the bottles are completely out of the picture?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 05-08-2010, 06:16 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You're probably better off with getting an SNS or Lactaid than using the syringes which will NOT help at all with latching issues, supplementing with a syringe makes baby push his lips forward - like their are blowing a kiss, to get a good latch the lips need to be open and back - just like an open book, I'd look into the SNS or Lactaid to keep baby at the breast - seems a much better option, you can use your expressed milk in it and baby will stimulate the breast to make more milk at the same time; look at www.biologicalnurturing.com to help baby get back to the breast as well.

ewe + dh = our little lambs + we and have many just : and : life .

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page