Gross Gross Gross! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 05-20-2010, 08:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
After having breastfeeding issues with all my other babies I think I finally know why, hypoplasia. To try and counter this and make more glands I ordered Goats Rue tinture. Soooo gross I can not even explain. Anyone have experience with this? I can't picture having to swallow this stuff 3 times a day. It burns on the way down!

Please know I am not a big baby. I rather give birth 3 times a day then drink this stuff. Heck, I have been drinking raw placenta smoothies and though it is gross for me to think about, it is not horrible to drink.

I tried about everything else my last two babys, but not this stuff. If I have to go back on dom for this nursling I read this herb might make it work better.

Army wife to wonder hubby. Mama to 4 and Surrogate mother x2.: Zoey Born 5/7/2010
#2 of 6 Old 05-20-2010, 08:34 PM

Alot of times you can get the tincture in a vegan capsule and just swallow it. I have More Milk Special Blend by Motherlove Herbal Company. If it wasn't capsules I wouldn't be able to take it either, and for the record, it *is* b/c I'm a big baby about yucky tasting things.

Me : DD 5/05: DS1 7/06 : DS2 11/07: DS3 3/10
#3 of 6 Old 05-20-2010, 08:39 PM - Thread Starter

I wish I would have gotten the pill form. As is I have to take 2ml of this stuff and that would be a hand full of pills if I tried to make them myself I am thinking. But at least they would not taste horrible. It helps to know I am not the only one though that thinks this is so so gross.

Army wife to wonder hubby. Mama to 4 and Surrogate mother x2.: Zoey Born 5/7/2010
#4 of 6 Old 05-21-2010, 02:23 AM

If you put the dose in a bit of hot water and let it sit for 5 minutes it is quite a bit easier to get down. I know that some people put it in a glass of orange juice. I am pregnant with #4 and about to start taking goat's rue for the 4th time in a couple of weeks-personally I'd rather drink an 8 oz glass of Goat's Rue than take one dose of fenugreek tincture! YUCK! But I guess we're all different.

Mama to M (5), A (4), S (2), T (1), and another on the way! Due dec. 2011!
#5 of 6 Old 05-21-2010, 11:12 AM - Thread Starter

The bottle I have says not to drink me then 1-2oz, 15 minutes before and after taking it so I was thinking that diluting it would not be a good thing and plus, I am not sure I want that taste in more of my mouth longer. LOL

And your right, I think fenugreek is not that bad. LOL

#6 of 6 Old 05-21-2010, 11:31 AM

I posted this on another thread but I'll post it here, too: Goat's Rue is SO MUCH more tolerable mixed in 2oz of UNSWEETENED cranberry juice. It has a bad aftertaste, but it's not horrible.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page