Dairy for mama, milk for baby - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-27-2010, 09:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My 4 1/2 month old was sleeping pretty well at nights, going for a 4/5 (sometimes 6!) hour stretch and then a shorter 2 or 3 hour stretch. But she slowly started to wake up more and more frequently. She was nursing much more quickly every time she woke up, so I was still getting sleep, and didn't think much of it. But then last weekend, she started waking up every 45 minutes to an hour, upset and really gassy. So, I decided to give a dairy-free (or almost) diet a go to see if that would make a difference. So far, it has - she has been sleeping great. But she has also started pooping every couple of hours, and is spitting up a whole lot more. Could those 2 things be related? I'm wondering if any of you mamas have dealt with this. This mama eats/drinks A LOT of dairy, and I am finding myself very, very hungry! After 2 weeks i might try to re-introduce some dairy products to see if they bother her. (I'm really hoping she'll give butter and yogurt the okay!) Any hints on that?
I'd love any advice i can get about this! Thanks

Sarah, and Abbigail

**To any of you mamas on this side, you should check out the Midwifery and Midwifery and Maternal-Child Health Educators Conference, coming up in Portland, Oregon this June!! I just took a Postpartum doula course, and they have lots of sessions on breastfeeding that I'm excited to attend! www.educatorsconference.com**
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2010, 10:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
No advice, just a from another dairy-free (and soy-free) Mama.

User Tag List