Has anyone done treatments for D-MER? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 07-02-2010, 08:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
D-MER

I had it with my last baby and didn't even know what it was until I came her describing it and someone told me it had a name. I was shocked!

So with this baby I'm thinking of treating it, mostly likely naturally.

Just wondering if anyone has had an experience or stories to share.

We think greenearth.gif  Gentle mama to 3 amazing kiddos. Rainbow.gif Recovering from religion. heartbeat.gif

LIFEschooling. upsidedown.gif Extended NAKing. winner.jpg Graduated cloth diaperer. cd.gif

#2 of 5 Old 07-08-2011, 07:06 PM

I've only found threads on mothering.com about D-MER that have only one post...I posted too and got nothing...isn't their anyone out there that can help??  My D-MER has been so intense recently.

Christian SAHM & birth doula.
#3 of 5 Old 07-09-2011, 07:20 PM

Sorry I don't have any advice. Have you contacted an IBCLC? 

Perhaps this one?  She's in NY: http://www.d-mer.org/LCs_Concur.html 

Taryn-31 Crunchy Conservative Catholic SAHM with DH-32
DS 7.5, DD 5 (vbac), DD 2.5 (vbac), and DD 12/30/13 (vbac)

#4 of 5 Old 07-11-2011, 01:32 PM

I can't help but I can certainly sympathize! I just recently learned what D-MER was and realized that I have had it with all three of my babies. I have it on the moderate to severe end (according to d-mer.org) and it hasn't lessened as my babies got older (my youngest turned 1 today and the D-MER waves are just as strong). Once more research is done, I'd be willing to try medication for it, as some of my reactions scare me. I've lashed out in anger at my older children and even have suicidal waves during my D-MER. It can be a scary thing. The only thing I've found that works to help a little is mentally preparing myself before I sit down to nurse and making sure my environment is as peaceful as possible.

**HUGS!**

#5 of 5 Old 05-17-2012, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by averyswife View Post

I can't help but I can certainly sympathize! I just recently learned what D-MER was and realized that I have had it with all three of my babies. I have it on the moderate to severe end (according to d-mer.org) and it hasn't lessened as my babies got older (my youngest turned 1 today and the D-MER waves are just as strong). Once more research is done, I'd be willing to try medication for it, as some of my reactions scare me. I've lashed out in anger at my older children and even have suicidal waves during my D-MER. It can be a scary thing. The only thing I've found that works to help a little is mentally preparing myself before I sit down to nurse and making sure my environment is as peaceful as possible.

**HUGS!**

I realize this is an old thread/post, but I have to say that this describes me exactly. I haven't gotten an official diagnosis yet, but I have an appointment in June with my naturopath to discuss (earlier if I can get in sooner). I get full of rage and suicidal/homicidal and I hate it so much because it's so hard to supress and not scream. I have to be really careful to make sure that DS is ready to nurse and doesn't start and stop in fits because then I stay in that rage-y place for much longer than I can handle, and yes... maintaining a peaceful environment is key. I'm trying some lifestyle changes now... improving my diet, adding exercise, etc... I'll update this thread once I've seen my ND and tell y'all what she says about it.

Moo.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page