Jack Newman's Candida protocol Diflucan - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 07-21-2010, 03:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Can anyone comment on Jack Newman's high dose Diflucan protocol, when someone has tried all the other steps with no improvement?

Thanks for any info!
#2 of 2 Old 07-27-2010, 02:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I had thrush for 4 months after DS was born. I went to diflucan pretty early, after gentian violet and GSE didn't do much. On the diflucan, my symptoms went away. But each time I went off it, the thrush came back

I ended up doing 4 rounds of diflucan. During the 4th round, I finally "gave in" and started the anti-candida diet (no grains, dairy, sugars (except stevia), and limited fruit - basically lots of meat, eggs and vegetables). I also switched from the APNO to an herbal ointment I got from my naturopath. I also continued with GSE washes, etc. Put all together, I finally beat the thrush and it never came back.

So, if you've tried everything else without success, I think the diflucan is a great next step. I urge you to try some of the other changes, too.

More Info: Although you say you've done "all the other steps", I don't know exactly what you've tried. So:
* look into Jay Gordon's grapefruit seed extract protocol, if you haven't already.
* If you are using APNO, be sure to use it sparingly and only three or four times a day. I used it after every feeding and ended up with an ulceration on my nipple that forced me to pump that side for 5 weeks while it healed.
* Use a fresh towel after every shower, and use a new handtowel or switch to paper to dry your hands while you are still fighting thrush.
* Wash all towels, bras and underwear (and shirts/sheets, if you go braless or leak onto them) in HOT water and dry on HOT. You can also add vinegar to your wash. It is common to reinfect yourself. I used disposable breast pads and changed them twice a day. I also bought a cheap pack of washcloths at Target to use for hand and breast drying, using each only once between washes.
* Somewhere on this forum is a "Fighting Thrush Tribe" thread with lots of great information in it.

Karen love.gif James -- DS drum.gif (2/07) DD baby.gif (11/05/10) angel1.gif (9/05) (10/09)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page