GSE orally for thrush? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-07-2011, 01:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm using GSE extract diluted on baby's tongue and my nipples but wanted to take it orally as well, to get rid of this thrush.  However, when I went to buy the pills, they all had additional ingredients in them.  The one I bought (NutriBiotic) has Vit C and zinc, as well as yarrow, goldenseal, ginger, astragalus, echinacea, as well as shiitake, mairake, and reishi mushroom extracts in it.

Does anyone know if this is safe to take while breastfeeding?  And if not, what brand of GSE doesn't have any other additives?

Julie, wife to DH , mom of DD 8/99 and DS 1/09 , and #3 due 11/14/10
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2011, 11:35 AM

Strange! My NutriBiotic pills don't have any of that. They are just GSE in a vegan pill. greensad.gif

I don't know which of those ingredients are OK and which might be trouble. Sorry I'm no help there.

I know you said (in another thread) that the GSE drops hurt your throat. You might try again with juice, and use more of it than you did the water. I've found that ~15 drops in 3-4 ounces of juice still doesn't taste great, but doesn't burn.

Karen love.gif James -- DS drum.gif (2/07) DD baby.gif (11/05/10) angel1.gif (9/05) (10/09)
Old 01-09-2011, 02:20 PM

I had the same issue, my GSE pills have echinacea and something else I can't remember in the them, so I didn't want to take them orally.  If you have the capsules, you could empty the powder into your wash cycle, which is how I've been treating my laundry. I'm not sure if you can to that with the tablets though.

We're still looking for a good liquid to use directly on the nipples.

L, student nurse and married to A, my union man. Happy parents to little S!   joy.gif

User Tag List