Question about pumping - Mothering Forums

#1 of 3 Old 02-24-2011, 05:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I have a 4 month old BF baby and I am needing to store some milk for him for one evening. My DH and I want to take our 4 year old son out for his birthday to Medieval times. I had to pump with my first son due to him being in the NICU for a week when he was born, but I haven't pumped with this new baby. Does anyone have any suggestion on how to do this while still nursing, and it not effecting the amount he is getting now? Do I just pump right after he eats? Do I pump an hour after or what? I don't want to deprive him on any of the milk. How long does it take for your body to start making more milk if needed? I have about a month to store up enough for at least 2 full feedings. Thanks for any suggestions.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 02-26-2011, 02:45 PM

Mentioned: 322 Post(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)

I build up my supply as needed by breastfeeding only on one side during the night. Then my other breast is very full and I can pump about 4 oz from it and let my son nurse from that breast after to finish it off. Other times I alternate pumping each breast every 3 hours and feed only on one side at a time while the other "fills." Hope that works for you!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Me (28) husband (30) and son (4)

After several
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
angels, expecting a new baby!

#3 of 3 Old 03-22-2011, 07:26 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi,

Have you thought about using something herbal like Breastea to increase your milk supply? I would take it and pump after you are sure baby is full.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page