Shared nursing as a teaching tool? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-16-2011, 06:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Anyone here ever try nursing another mom's baby or letting them nurse yours? My friend has a 6 week old on formula, still interested in getting back on track, but baby seemed a little frustrated. I know she's okay with the idea, but I'm curious to hear what others think about sharing nursing as a teaching tool.

NAK

Btw, we are attempting to get help from a local LLL leader. She doesn't have the $$$$ to hire an IBCLC.

Any help is appreciated.

TIA

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2011, 05:07 PM

I had two friends nurse my baby so they could feel what his latch was like.  I REALLY wanted someone else to let me know what they thought.

Jamie, DW to Jeff, birth and postpartum doula and Hypnobabies instructor.
4 years and 5 IVF cycles in the making, Elliott was born at home in water on 2/2/11.
Old 04-01-2011, 06:34 PM

I had low milk supply and supplemented with friend's milk and had another friend comfort nurse while she was babysitting for us.  "It takes a tribe" and I am thankful to have such great friends.  I think its natural and convenient to share nursing as long as you are the primary.

Old 04-07-2011, 06:56 PM

My sister and I had our babies 9 weeks apart. So when her milk came in her DS was eating all he could  but she was still so full and she was in pain and my DS was hitting a growth sprite, I was more then happy with her feeding him.  it was a win win for the both of us!

Old 04-13-2011, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipopins View Post

I had low milk supply and supplemented with friend's milk and had another friend comfort nurse while she was babysitting for us.  "It takes a tribe" and I am thankful to have such great friends.  I think its natural and convenient to share nursing as long as you are the primary.

Thanks for sharing your experience Lolipopins, and I agree it does take a tribe! Or at least, is a lot better when you have one. While I haven't had the opportunity for a shared nursing experience, I would welcome one. I personally would love the opportunity to help another mother and her babe out in a situation where they needed it, and vice versa if the need ever arose. 

User Tag List