Too many solids, 8 mth old doesn't want to nurse? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-06-2011, 07:22 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So at the encouragement of friends who convinced me that my baby must be hungry, at about 7 1/2 months I started feeding my son 3 solid meals a day--cereal and banana in the morning, a about 3 oz of veggie in the afternoon, and 2 oz of fruit and 2 oz of veg in the evening, while we eat. If he sees me eating and I don't feed him--he's mad. He loves solid food, squeals when he sees it coming, and gobbles it up.

So simultaneously his interest in nursing has decreased. He is also so distractable that it it almost impossible to get him to pay attention and have a full nursing session during the day. Usually I've been able to get him to nurse before naps and at bed time, but now he's only half-assing those as well! My supply has dropped big time and I'm worried. Did I screw up by giving him solids? How do I go back? I can't just take away one of his solid meals, can I?--it almost seems cruel. Help!

What do I do to get my supply back up and get him interested in nursing again??

5*10*15*20****25****30***35****40*42
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2011, 08:10 AM

nak

if you let him feed himself he should eat less with the same enthusiasm and nurse more. also nursing before each meal is crucial.

Old 04-06-2011, 09:20 AM

I agree.  Stop the purees and let him eat smaller chunks of whatever you are eating.  I also found the my LO is not ready for a "breakfast" yet, his cluster nursing in the morning is needed for him to take a decent nap. 

Heathyr hang.gifBlessed Catholic Wife to DHwheelchair.gif Devoted Mama to DS1 biglaugh.gif(3/17/08) and DS2blowkiss.gif (8/5/2010)familybed1.gifcd.giflactivist.gifribboncesarean.gifx2 

User Tag List