I need a solution for EXTREME vaginal dryness - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 04-06-2011, 07:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi! I've been suffering from extreme vaginal dryness since my son was born 17 months ago. Sometimes wiping after urinating is rather uncomfortable and anything of a sexual nature is completely off limits. I was prescribed an estrogen cream after DS was born, but I decided not to use it bc I didn't know what effects, if any, it may have on him. I went to another doctor last week and she gave me Estrace Cream, and after reading up on it, it says not to use if breastfeeding and that measurable amounts are found in breast milk. I'm very uncomfortable, have zero sex drive and when it's attempted, I'm almost in tears because it's so painful, and I'd rather not use a synthetic estrogen cream, especially if my son will get any part of it while nursing from me. Are there any other solutions out there?? TIA!

#2 of 4 Old 04-06-2011, 07:37 PM
2xy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahsMamaLlama View Post

Hi! I've been suffering from extreme vaginal dryness since my son was born 17 months ago. Sometimes wiping after urinating is rather uncomfortable and anything of a sexual nature is completely off limits. I was prescribed an estrogen cream after DS was born, but I decided not to use it bc I didn't know what effects, if any, it may have on him. I went to another doctor last week and she gave me Estrace Cream, and after reading up on it, it says not to use if breastfeeding and that measurable amounts are found in breast milk. I'm very uncomfortable, have zero sex drive and when it's attempted, I'm almost in tears because it's so painful, and I'd rather not use a synthetic estrogen cream, especially if my son will get any part of it while nursing from me. Are there any other solutions out there?? TIA!

Well, I had a similar problem after my first child was born, but I never thought it had anything to do with dryness. Any sort of penetration was just extremely painful, and for no reason that I can think of since my son was born by c-section.

My doctor gave us a lubricant that had anesthetic in it. We used it a few times (with a condom to prevent numbing in my husband), and things seemed back to normal. I think it was a lidocaine gel. If it *is* due to dryness, maybe a combination of this sort of gel with some natural oils (like sweet almond oil or coconut oil) will help. I know that after awhile, if you expect things to be painful it just makes it worse because you tighten up. If you get a bit of numbness in there, it's quite helpful.

#3 of 4 Old 04-07-2011, 12:08 AM

I use olive oil ( lots of olive oil) and it helps thumb.gif

#4 of 4 Old 04-07-2011, 07:01 AM

Sorry mama :(  I don't have any personal experience but perhaps using a lot of a reall good lube might help?  This one http://www.amazon.com/Wet-Platinum-Premium-Lubricate-8-9-Ounce/dp/B000DZL33K has helped DH and I.

My other suggestion might be to try evening primrose oil.  I've taking it orally for a month and  both orally and vaginally for a couple weeks and have noticed an increase in wetness even when I was just taking it orally.  Good luck.

Taryn-31 Crunchy Conservative Catholic SAHM with DH-32
DS 7.5, DD 5 (vbac), DD 2.5 (vbac), and DD 12/30/13 (vbac)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page