Stinging pain, feels like needles! - Mothering Forums

#1 of 3 Old 08-15-2011, 06:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My daughter is 10 months. She nurses about 3-4 times a day. Lately when she nurses on my right nipple I notice that it feels very painful. It feels like a thousand needles going into my nipple. I cant tell if she is rubbing my nipple against her top little teeth when she nurses, or if its something wrong with my nipple itself.

The only other thing I can think it is is pregnancy related. I just found out I was pregnant, and with all my pregnancies I have had sore boobs and nipples but this is the first time nursing and finding out I am pregnant. Anyone experience this when they were pregnant? Anything else this could be?

TIA!

Hip Hippie Mamatreehugger.gif to Baylin & Evangélina hbac.gif and Wife to my sexy Frenchman Clément luxlove.gif living frugally green in the beautiful mountains of West Virginia. Expecting our newest French Fry July 2012!

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***Rainbow.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 08-15-2011, 02:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I bet it is pregnancy related.

Since she is only 10 months old she should still be getting most of her nutrition from breastmilk. Since she is nursing only 3-4 times a day and your supply is dropping she may not get enough to meet her needs for brain growth and other developmental needs. Formula fed babies need 32 oz of formula until they are 12 months old. Cow's milk or goat's milk is not recommended until after 12 months.  

: Grandmother , 3 Adult Sons

#3 of 3 Old 08-15-2011, 02:06 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)

Could the pain be from thrush?  I always have yeast problems when I'm pg.

Bring back the old MDC

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page