Freaking out - out of domperidone, it's been 3 weeks. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 11-15-2011, 06:51 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I only have enough for today. I need it or I will be so screwed. I am on every galactalogue known to man. I am working with the best of the best. I still have to use the SNS for 6 ounces per day. Without the dom I will make nothing. I have a previous thread on here about tongue tie/supply etc. We are still struggling and this is going to screw me to what may be the point of no return. Does anyone know how to get my hands on some quickly? I'm so afraid of losing what I have. greensad.gif I am contacting inhouse today but their replacement may take just as long. SHIT.
#2 of 7 Old 11-15-2011, 06:54 AM - Thread Starter

I just looked at my tracking info "package has been misrouted" greensad.gif I am sitting here crying. I have no idea what to do.
#3 of 7 Old 11-15-2011, 07:05 AM

I'm so sorry, mama :( I don't know where you live, but do you have access to a compounding pharmacy? In the U.S., if you can get a health professional to write you a prescription for it, you can get domperidone there. It costs more $ than ordering over the Internet but you can usually get it the same day you get the prescription and it can tide you over until your shipment comes in?

Mom to DS born 6/09 and DS2 born 6/12

#4 of 7 Old 11-15-2011, 07:07 AM - Thread Starter

There is no way my doctor will prescribe it for me. She doesn't even support breastfeeding which makes it even harder. I am working with a wonderful IBCLC but her hands are tied. I feel so sick.
#5 of 7 Old 11-15-2011, 08:59 AM - Thread Starter

long story short - post office says they have it. Someone dropped the ball by not delivering it to me ON THE SEVENTH! What the heck? I will believe it when I see it, but I'm going this afternoon to p/u. I will never be in this type of predicament again. Lesson learned - check tracking info early on and also never be without several boxes! I'm taking 160mg so a box doesn't even last me that long.
#6 of 7 Old 11-15-2011, 09:41 AM

Great news! So glad the package is waiting for you at the post office :) I learned after the first few orders that I need to order early since sometime it would take a week, other times 3 weeks.

Mom to DS born 6/09 and DS2 born 6/12

#7 of 7 Old 11-16-2011, 01:34 PM

I came on here to check and see if you had received yours yet.  Glad it's at the post office.  You know, the po delivers the wrong mail to me all the time and one time, I wasn't home when they brought the dom so they put a card on my door and I put a redelivery date on there and they didn't bring it....the po seriously screws up on the mail a LOT.  One time, I put all my bills in the mail on the same day and none of them arrived at their destinations.  That was a mess.

I am on 90mg/day right now so I have to always be counting my pills and seeing when I need to order again.  It's such a pain.

Jamie, DW to Jeff, birth and postpartum doula and Hypnobabies instructor.
4 years and 5 IVF cycles in the making, Elliott was born at home in water on 2/2/11.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page