pumping problems - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-01-2011, 10:26 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I've been pumping successfully at work for the past nine months and all of a sudden for the past few weeks I've had trouble getting let down.  One pumping session will be fine and then at the next nothing happens.  I've started getting anxious about it which I'm sure doesn't help, but I wondered if anyone had recommendations to get better let down results?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2011, 02:26 PM

First, I'd check your pump is working well and replace your membranes just to be sure.
Second, you could try active pumping. Here's a link: http://newborns.stanford.edu/Breastfeeding/MaxProduction.html
I've also about audio tracks for pumping moms that use guided visualization - maybe someone can chime in with a link? I'd like to use them when I return to work.
GL!

Megan, loving her sweet rainbow1284.gif boys, born Aug. 2008 and Feb. 2011, and their sister, born still March 2007 candle.gif
Old 01-09-2012, 11:46 PM

I have to pump for my son as he can not breastfeed at all due to a cleft lip and palate.  I have found that a quiet place away from everyone is best. Also, I do something that requires little to no brain activity...just relax.  For me it is the only time of day that I go on my computer and check the news and my email.  Sometimes play games and what not.  For me this has helped me greatly in just relaxing and not focusing or stressing about anything during my pumping sessions.

Old 01-10-2012, 08:01 AM

I agree with the previous posters -- it could be that you are getting too anxious and nervous and that is effecting your let down (or lack of one).  Also, what used to work for me, was looking at a photo of my daughter.  You could try that too.

Tags
Breastfeeding Challenges
User Tag List