Weening my almost 2 yr old. Any suggestions? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-15-2012, 03:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I don''t remember it being such a challenge w/ the others. My biggest gripe is nursing to sleep and waking at 4 a.m. to nurse :( I need it to end. He's in my arms smiling at me las if to say "it will never end lady!"  He's my last, but I am s ready to have my boobs back too!

Samanthawild.gif mama to 5 joy.gif                                                         

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2012, 07:22 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

So my experience with weaning as that it sometimes works best to get rid of THIER least favorites first instead of YOUR least favorites first. I guess if you want to completely wean, I'd try that -cut out his least favorite nursings one at a time and then cut out his favorites last. However if you're just trying to end those two nursing sessions because they're driving you crazy, I'd probably add in one or two in the few hours before bedtime so he's good and full. And then if he wakes up at 4 to nurse, try other soothing methods to get him to sleep instead of nursing. It might very well take a few days.

Old 01-23-2012, 07:46 AM - Thread Starter

thank you, I will try that. least fav first.

Samanthawild.gif mama to 5 joy.gif                                                         

Old 03-01-2012, 10:59 AM

I put a nightlight on a timer.  You can set the light to go on at whatever time you feel you would be okay nursing.  Then they couldn't nurse at night until the light went on.  They accepted this at about the two year mark okay.

Before the light went on, I would tell them it was sleeping time and my breasts were sleeping too.

Tags
Breastfeeding Challenges
User Tag List