Friend lost her milk... can she get it back? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-03-2012, 10:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm writing because I just heard from a relative of mine that I'm not very close to, but I want to help her out on this.

Her baby was having a lot of tummy discomfort. He's now 4 weeks. This started about 2 weeks ago. The pediatrician told her to start using formula (ugh, evil pure evil!), so she did. She obviously hasn't been well-schooled in breastfeeding. Not her fault.

Formula didn't help, in fact, made baby worse (big surprise!). Ended up in hospital with enemas to get out the clogged formula (grrrrrrrrr!!!!!!).

By that time, her milk supply had diminished and now she doesn't have it.

Can she get it back?! I mean, it's still fairly early in the game, right, just 4 weeks in?

If moms of adopted babies can get their milk to flow, couldn't my cuz get her supply back?

Also, in the film, "Latching On", there was a woman who - I don't remember why - lost her milk, but was able to get it back.

Is there hope for my friend? I hope so! I really want to help her. I feel so bad, especially because the relative I am close to told me what was happening and asked for my advice. I had my own drama going on at the time, and didn't pay attention the way I normally would have and wasn't able to warn her to continue BF at all costs.

Please reply ASAP! I have a feeling time is of the essence on this one!

treehugger.gifteapot2.GIFtea6.gifhola.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2012, 08:16 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
http://www.kellymom.com/bf/supply/relactation.html

Fledgling midwife on hiatus, Wife to B, mama to C (c/s ribboncesarean.gif 12/04) and S hbac.gif (12/07), angel3.gif m/c (3/12) and expecting another bean 6/13 stork-suprise.gif.

Tags
Breastfeeding Challenges
User Tag List