Mommy rash when child weans - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 03-02-2012, 02:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My 11 mo-old daughter is weaning herself right now. I also have an almost 3-yr-old. When he began weaning at the same age, I noticed small red bumps/rash that looked almost like chicken pocks on my body. It started on my abdomen, but progressively spread to my underarm, groin, shoulders and thighs. The less he nursed, the more I broke out in the rash. It wasn't itchy or too bothersome, just unsightly. I went through a round of steroid cream, which worked a little, but rash always came back. The rash didn't totally clear until I became pregnant again about 7 months later. 
Now with my daughter, it's the exact same thing. Same timing. Same breakout. The less she nurses, the worse it is for me. 
Anyone ever heard of this? I previously saw a dermatologist, who ruled it as an allergy fragrance. I KNOW that isn't the case. I'm convinced it is due to the weaning and perhaps hormonal changes. 
Any tips? Suggestions? Should I go back to the derm? Or the OB? Allergist? 
Thank you!

Tags
Breastfeeding Challenges

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page