pain in only one nipple? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 03-04-2012, 09:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Ok I have asked this a few different places so far and unfortunately no answers. I am still EBF my 11 month old and we have had this issue ever since she was born. My left nipple always seems to hurt. It doesn't matter if shes nursing or I'm pumping, it just hurts. Some days I don't notice it as much and other days it is extremely painful! Her latch is fine, I have no issues on the right side. There's no milk blister that I have noticed and no signs of thrush. So what would be causing this pain? My left breast does produce more than my right but I wouldn't think that would effect my nipple? Any advice would be great. Thanks!

Wife to Robert 8-9-08heartbeat.gif Mommy to Lani 4-24-09 babygirl.gif and Cambria 3-25-11 babygirl.gif and one on the way! 6-26-13 stork-suprise.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 03-06-2012, 04:34 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Are your nipples different sizes? My left is a bit larger than my right and I have had more pain with pumping and latching on the larger nipple. Hopefully some other more experienced moms will pipe in though--I've only been bfing for a few weeks :)

Happily married to DH 

Stay-at-home mama to DS1 (01/12) & DS2 (01/14)

#3 of 3 Old 03-06-2012, 08:01 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My breasts are different sizes but my nipples seem to be the same size. Thanks for the feedback though!

Wife to Robert 8-9-08heartbeat.gif Mommy to Lani 4-24-09 babygirl.gif and Cambria 3-25-11 babygirl.gif and one on the way! 6-26-13 stork-suprise.gif

Tags
Breastfeeding Challenges

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page