3.5 month old won't nurse before bed??? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 03-08-2012, 05:24 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I apologize in advance if this is too much information but I just want to accurately set the stage. I am baffled...

My daughter is 3.5 months old, 17 lbs (grows like a weed!), and EBF. For a while we had a pretty nice bedtime routine going which would culminate in me nursing my daughter for about an hour before she would drift off to sleep. She would eat almost the entire time. For several weeks, however, this last feeding has become a fight. She just doesn't seem to want to nurse. Sometimes as soon as I set her in my lap to nurse, she will go stiff as a board and turn away and start crying immediately. Other times she will eat very briefly and then do the stiff as a board routine. I have tried starting the bedtime routine earlier and I've tried walking around and nursing her but that only works for a short while. It doesn't matter how long ago her last feed was, it's still the same result. This does not happen at any other time during the day. Since this has been happening, she has stopped sleeping as well at night, presumably because she is still hungry. I can't think of anything that has changed in recent weeks. I usually nurse her in a very dim room while my SO is watching t.v. 

Any suggestions? Anything? Please?

#2 of 2 Old 03-08-2012, 04:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I believe I've figured it out... a combo of being overtired and overstimulated. Oops!

Tags
Breastfeeding Challenges

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page