confused - dairy issues? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 04-10-2012, 04:40 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My first 3 had dairy issues, so for my fourth, I just stopped eating dairy after she was born.  I had some over Easter - so Sunday - not a lot, but some... (she's 3 1/2 months old).  Sunday night, she slept pretty well...but she woke up a few times kind of coughing/gasping/making weird noises.  Some of these episodes woke her, some just were noises she made while she slept.  She was fine during the day Monday -- more spituppy than usual (she was VERY spit-uppy from birth, but it seemed to be much better and less frequent lately) ...but, we were visiting the il's so more adoring and holding for her (which she loves) than a usual day when she's fighting for just my attention divided among the 4 of them...

Last night(monday) was HORRIBLE!!  Up all the time, fussy, cranky...   She also is going on 2 days of no good naps... Could that be the dairy kicking in, or should I chalk it up to a sleep thing?  Any advice?

(I was thinking of adding bits in here and there, since I didnt think it affected her... but now I'm not sure?!? ...i hate the not knowing.... I'd adhere to whatever diet necessary if i could just FIGURE it out!! :)

thanks!!

:)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 04-10-2012, 09:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

And...  I'm lopsided -- one boob is huge, the other is tiny.  (I'm always a lil lopsided, but the difference is AMAZING now...like 2-3 cups sizes different....)

Anyway...  the big boob is bleeding.  We've been going through some latch difficulties...  (it hurt when she latched on...she was just latching on the nipple)... i thought that was behind us, but now my big boob (which is also the side she likes better and uses more often eyesroll.gif) is bleeding.  Like, bloody milk all over her neck/shirt/lips bleeding...  (I've had bloody nipples before where there was just a lil bit of blood like dry skin cracking blood... but never gushing like this...   )  Could this be our problem???  And, I know blood is ok for her to ingest, but any ideas how to get it to stop?  (before, i just used lasinoh more often to prevent the cracking... but I don't think this is that...)

Tags
Breastfeeding Challenges

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page