Pregnant while breast feeding- worried about supply due to nausea - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 05-07-2012, 03:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I think I'm pregnant and my son is only 5 months old. Yeesh! But that's another issue. My question is this: I've currently got wicked nausea and it's all I can do to drink water. How the heck am I going to keep up my supply?!?!?

If I am pregnant, I plan to nurse my son at least until the new baby is born, if not longer. I'm quite concerned as I really really don't want to stop nursing him right now. He's only 5 months old!

anyone else gone through this?
#2 of 4 Old 05-08-2012, 11:16 AM

Never been in your shoes but aren't there any medicines that you can take to help with the nausea? In most cases I'm anti-medicine but the cost/benefit factor comes into play here...

#3 of 4 Old 06-13-2012, 01:05 PM

I've been reading about More Milk Two which is safe to take during pregnancy and claims to help increase your milk supply. I just ordered some online from Motherlove but haven't started to take it yet.

#4 of 4 Old 06-23-2012, 07:41 AM

Hi, I hope things are better for you now but just in case I will try to offer some helpful tips.

I am due with my second baby in September and found out about this pregnancy when my 1st son was 4 months old (and I was in online college full-time) :/ I understand the feeling...

I had crazy problems with nausea too, it was completely different than my last pregnancy, at least then I had cravings. This time, however I just did NOT want to eat anything. I could hardly keep down enough water... I just had to find food that didn't completely disgust me... for a few weeks I pretty much ate frozen pizza, cereal and Chinese food... Orange soda also helped settle my stomach... Even with such an awful diet my baby didn't seem to suffer... he still gained well and wasn't constipated or anything. I started solids right at six months because he started sleeping poorly and I was worried my supply was starting to dwindle and the little stinker would NOT take a bottle (a nice problem for most nursing moms and babies but in this case I would 've welcomed it) Anyway,  the nausea cleared up around 12 weeks , so you will eat yummy, good-for-you foods again, I am sure!

In a lot of ways I think going through the first tri with a young baby was nice because he wasn't quite active so really all I had to do was lie down and nurse him all day if I wanted. My MIL came over a couple of times to bring over some food and clean for me which was a godsend! I was/am very fortunate to have parents and in-laws who have been very supportive of me nursing and excited bout the new baby (even when I wasn't). I hope you have some support system as well!

Anyway I am still nursing my son, who is 9mo, but he is eating a lot of solids and I supplement with goats milk, now that he will take a sippy cup. He is usually happy to nurse even if he isn't getting anything. Sometimes we have problems at night when isn't getting anything and he won't take a bottle.

Sorry this post ended up being so long! I hope you feel better soon!

Wife to DH superhero.gif, Tandem Nursing SAHMfly-by-nursing2.gif to  diaper.gifDS1 9/2011 and babyboy.gif DS2 9/2012

Tags
Breastfeeding Challenges

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page