Lotso periods while lactating - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 05-08-2012, 01:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi everyone,

I've been consistently and exclusively breastfeeding, and I got my period almost exactly 6 weeks postpartum. I'm now at 11 weeks postpartum and have already had three menstrual cycles total, with 9 days between the first and second periods and 11-13 days between the second and third ones. 

I've been drinking a cup of red raspberry leaf tea daily for the past 20 or so days, and that cured the spotting that was occurring between periods.  

I've been considering taking Vitex or using natural progesterone cream. I used natural progesterone to regulate my cycles before getting pregnant. Does anyone know if either of these suppresses or otherwise affects milk supply? 

Any advice on these remedies, or any other advice on how to get my cycles to be further apart?

Thanks!

~juliasafar

#2 of 2 Old 05-08-2012, 05:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)

This happened to me! I would suggest first trying nature's best remedy: time. They say it can take your hormones some time to get back to normal, and that periods can be wonky for a few months.

I got my period at 7 weeks postpartum, and then had a full period every 16 days four times in a row. WTF. But it seems like things are gradually spreading out a bit for me, and it's very likely they will for you, too.

I'd say give it a few months, and if it's still that frequent, then you can see a doctor about it.

Tags
Breastfeeding Challenges

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page