Mothering Forum banner

4 months pregnant with 15 months old. Need to wean for nap time

590 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Mosaic 
#1 ·
I am 17 weeks pregnant, and my milk has completely dried up. My DS gradually stopped breastfeeding on his own for the past couple months. Even before nighttime, when I try to nurse him he looses interest after 2 minutes and demands to go in his crib...

BUT, he will not nap if I just put him in crib. He starts screaming and crying and I have to pick him up. Most of the time he is too hyper to fall asleep on his own, so I kind of have to "force" him to breastfeed. What I mean is I hold him tight, else he wants to get off the chair and put my breast in his face so he naturally beast feeds then and after about 1/2 hour gets relax enough to fall asleep (at the boob).

My issue right now is that my breasts are VERY sensitives, and I can barely handle the feeling. It makes me cringe and uncomfortable. I think he picks up on my energy and doesn't help him to relax. So it feels like it is not working for both of us anymore...

I desperately needs alternatives so he can fall asleep without the breast, and hopefully without putting a big fight every time.

would anyone have any suggestions that might help?

Thank you so much!

See less See more
#2 ·
Basically do the same thing, but keep your breast covered up! A good snuggle is probably most effective, but you can also try to establish a new routine to usher in nap time (book, song, put teddy to sleep, etc.).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.