Help increasing milk supply - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

#31 of 31 Old 06-24-2012, 02:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I feel a bit better now, I just had a really hard day, plus I got my period back which didn't help.

The last three nights I breastfed her successfully, she went back to sleep and seemed happy but last night after an hour of me feeding her in various positions, (she falls asleep a lot and sucks but doesn't drink) she fell asleep, I moved her to her crib where she woke up but she was laying there smiling at me so I thought she would go to sleep.  Within a few minutes she was screaming for more and not content at the breast so I gave her a bottle of my milk, not even sure how much, around 80-90ml, my husband then took her so I could pump and I pumped 85ml!  She just doesn't seem to get it all.  Have decided to go back to EP for a while, I was awake from 3.00-5.30am this morning, at least if I pump and give her the bottle I get some rest.  It's a shame though because they say feeding the baby at the breast is so much better for your milk supply.

Not sure whether I want to try an SNS or not, it seems like it would take at least 40 mins to feed her and then pump afterwards, not sure if that's good for my sanity at the mo!

Thanks for your replies, it's really good to be able to vent here :)

1pump.giffamilybed1.gifslinggirl.gifcd.gifdiaper.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page