My 11 mo. old Nurses Every Hour through the Night and I am tired = ( - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 06-05-2012, 06:41 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My baby is 11 mo. (12 mo. on 6/11) and she has been waking and nursing every hour for a few weeks now.  I am exhauseted because she doesn't just nurse and drift back off.  She nurses and when she starts to fall back asleep she starts sucking again but also bites a lot of time. She refuses pacifiers and i have tried to not offer the breast to no avail. Any suggestions?  BTW, we co-sleep.

Me namaste.gif, DH teapot2.GIFmarried 24 yrs.,DD #1 treehugger.gif(89), DD #2 blahblah.gif(91), DD #3 weadopted.gifafro.jpg(05), and DD #4 baby.gif (6/11/11)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 06-05-2012, 09:15 PM

Can you put her on the other side of your DH, or at least place pillows in between you? Maybe if you aren't so accessible she won't wake to nurse as much.
#3 of 4 Old 06-15-2012, 04:33 AM - Thread Starter

Turns out she had a double ear infection.  This is her third time.  It is hard because she never runs a fever with them so i guess I definitely know the signs.  She is back to starting her night in her sister's room for a few hours then when she wakes up I bring her into bed and she only nurses a few times.  Thank goodness!

Me namaste.gif, DH teapot2.GIFmarried 24 yrs.,DD #1 treehugger.gif(89), DD #2 blahblah.gif(91), DD #3 weadopted.gifafro.jpg(05), and DD #4 baby.gif (6/11/11)

#4 of 4 Old 06-21-2012, 11:58 PM

Poor baby! Have you tried garlic ear oil for ear infections? I've used it with my LO and it works wonders! I love the stuff. 

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page