Babies body language during feeding - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 06-23-2012, 03:47 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

If I bottle feed my DD, she lays as still as a statue with her little hands balled into fists next to her face.  Is this a sign of hunger or stress?

If I breast feed her she has one hand opened covering her mouth and my nipple (very handy!) and after a while she will start messing about with her feet and sometimes arching her back or burrying her face in my breast.  Does this mean she's content or just not concentrating?

Also when I burp her after a bottle she tries to rub her mouth/nose all over my shoulder as if she's wiping her own mouth, strange!

she also gulps her bottle down and even after 150ml she screams when it's finished, do you think because she drinks it so fast she just doesn't realise she's full?  She will drink less at the breast and not really do this...

1pump.giffamilybed1.gifslinggirl.gifcd.gifdiaper.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 06-23-2012, 03:30 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)

Not sure about the clenching of fists but the nipple flow may be too fast for her.

#3 of 3 Old 06-24-2012, 04:46 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Yeah I think you could be right, we had a lot of problems in the beginning with her choking when taking the bottle.  Had to feed her sideways laying down until last week.  She doesn't choke now but maybe she just doesn't like it?  I'm using avent bottles with the slowest nipple, here we only seem to have the choice between avent, nuby and tommy tippee, really didn't like the tommy tippee ones...

1pump.giffamilybed1.gifslinggirl.gifcd.gifdiaper.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page