Low supply afterv4 days on vaginal estrogen.....will it come back? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-23-2012, 03:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I have always had plenty of milk. I overproduced when I had my son and bf him until he was 2.5. My dd was born 4/16 and after fixing her tongue tie at 9 days old things have been fine until the day before yesterday. Overnight my supply seems to have diminished drastically. I am currently on diflucan for ductal thrush, but was told this does not effect supply. I have some pretty significant pelvic floor issues and urinary issues as well. I went to a women's physical therapist who suggested going on vaginal estrogen to help with the atrophy. I know estrogen effects supply, but I was told by her and the md that rd it that since the concentration is so low and that it is used topically, there should be no effect and if there was it would be very tiny. Well, I find it very coincidental that 4 days after starting this cream, my supply has taken a scary nosedive. I stopped it and have been taking fenugreek and blessed thistle since yesterday and started pumping after she feeds to try and boost it back up, but so far nothing seems to be working and I'm freaking out. My cl suggested domperidone, if the herbs and pumping don't help my next week. I'm so mad at myself for using that stupid cream. Anyone have any experience with this? Any advice? I really am panicked my supply won't rebound. HELP!

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2012, 07:44 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)

First of all, you might want to look into the recent domperidone concerns here.

Is your baby having the usual number of wet diapers? 

You might try taking a nursing holiday if you can - just relax and spend plenty of time lying down, relaxing, and rocking with your baby nursing as frequently as possible with you getting plenty of fluids and good food.

Here are some good suggestions from Dr. Jack Newman that may help with your milk supply.

User Tag List