Please help: painful bleb and recurrent clogged ducts for two months and counting - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 07-10-2012, 01:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

#2 of 8 Old 07-10-2012, 08:15 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)

I just wanted to send you some support. I had a nipple injury a month or so ago, and it was so intense I doubted I could continue to nurse. And that is me a tandem nursing 2.5 year old and 10 month old mom. I never got before how terrible it was to hurt when nursing.

How old is your little one? What really really helped heal my problem was switching his position. You say he won't.... how do you usually nurse? I hope you can find a solution.

*hugs* to you

#3 of 8 Old 07-11-2012, 04:29 AM - Thread Starter

#4 of 8 Old 07-15-2012, 03:54 PM

I also suggest changing position, as of now my left nipple is also hurting especially when my DD is pulling it. My nipple is hurting, I guess because of my DD, she is sometimes biting it and now its hurting but,  I nurse her on the other side to give my left breast a time to heal. Now, it is still not okey,..but it is healing. There is so many position to breastfeed,.and side-lying is one od my baby's favorite. Goodluck!!joy.gif

Living is great but being a MOM is even better

#5 of 8 Old 07-17-2012, 06:19 PM

I used to get plugged ducts constantly, and here's what worked for me.  I used a moist heat heating pad (I have the Carex Bed Buddy Hot Cold Pack) while pumping to get rid of them.  It has worked every time for me.  I put it in the microwave for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes, and then wrapped my breast with it while pumping on that side.  The plugged ducts were usually clear within 20 minutes.  For blebs, I would start the same way, and then after pumping, I would try to wipe the white spot off of my breast with a warm wet washcloth.  By the time I've finished pumping, my nipples are almost numb to this, and I could barely feel the washcloth wiping against it.  Sometimes, it takes two or three times to get rid of a bleb, but it's usually gone within a day.  I hope this helps you.  I remember feeling so lost with so many plugged ducts.  It's so painful. ((hugs))

#6 of 8 Old 07-22-2012, 08:09 AM - Thread Starter

#7 of 8 Old 07-22-2012, 08:52 PM

Wish garden herbs makes a tincture called happy ducts that my sister in law swears by for her recurrent plugged ducts, although it gives her baby gas.

Me 28, DW 32 partners.gif Married since 2008. Mom to 2 kitties and a dog. Expecting #1 July 2012.
#8 of 8 Old 07-23-2012, 04:53 AM - Thread Starter

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page