Nursing thru pregnancy mamas- when did your milk return/show up? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 09-04-2012, 11:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm completely dried up at 18 weeks and my toddler seems to be doing well despite it. I've asked a select other mamas online about their experience and they said their milk/colostrum shows up in or around the 20-25 week mark in pregnancy. I am hoping to tandem nurse as well.

So, when did your milk return in pregnancy with a nursing older child while pregnant with younger sibling?

Laotian girl, who went from heavy partying to peaceful parenting, to 'Humnoy' (3/13/2011) and 'Lanoi' (2/05/2013)

Mama behind the Breastfeeding Toddler Positions meme and blogging about non-mainstream ideas of parenting at TheLaotianCommotion.com

#2 of 8 Old 09-05-2012, 03:39 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)

I nursed through two pregnancies.

With my first, my toddler weaned when I was about four months pregnant. I was working at the time and he was using a sippy cup through the day and decided that he was content with just snuggling to sleep. He was never one to do a lot of comfort nursing so when the milk supply decreased, he stopped.

My second toddler nursed right through my pregnancy. I still remember the look of absolute joy on her face when my milk came in when her sister was a couple of days old! We tandem nursed for about three years.

#3 of 8 Old 09-05-2012, 10:10 PM - Thread Starter

Oh, that's so awesome to hear! Thank you for sharing! I truly hope I get to continue nursing him because I feel very guilty that he's not ready and it's not his fault I'm dried up.

Again, thanks!!!

Laotian girl, who went from heavy partying to peaceful parenting, to 'Humnoy' (3/13/2011) and 'Lanoi' (2/05/2013)

Mama behind the Breastfeeding Toddler Positions meme and blogging about non-mainstream ideas of parenting at TheLaotianCommotion.com

#4 of 8 Old 09-06-2012, 07:27 AM

Me (27) DH (30)...9 Years

DD (7) ~ DD (4) ~ DS (3)

Praying our April 2013 baby sticks!! joy.gif

Babies in Heaven...angel.gif 9/04 angel.gif 2/05 angel.gif 3/11 angel.gif 4/11 angel.gif 6/11 angel.gif 11/11 angel.gif 2/12 (along with my tube greensad.gif )

#5 of 8 Old 09-06-2012, 06:37 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)

My daughter was 11 months old when I got pregnant. I had milk for about 20 weeks, then it dried up completely. I stopped hearing any swallowing and presume that I had no milk at all. She still nursed just as much, and maybe later in the pregnancy a little less in the day. When the baby came was when my milk came back, and she just took right off as usual. Baby is now over 1 year and they are both nursing all the time. I have started to limit the duration of her night feeds, and also when we are out and about (tandem nursing makes it very hard to be discrete and I don't like letting both sides just hang out!!

Once or twice she said to me NO MILK but didn't seem too upset.

All in all it's been a great experience, and tandem nursing has made having two so close in age MUCH easier. I love it. I am considering slowing down nursing my daughter later this year as she is turning three and I am just getting ready to be nursing less!

#6 of 8 Old 09-08-2012, 01:33 PM - Thread Starter

Whoa, straight to colostrum!? That's so cool. I nurse him down for naps and whenever he asks for it but I know there's no milk in there :(

#7 of 8 Old 09-08-2012, 01:35 PM - Thread Starter

I hope Big Bro enjoys newbie milk then! :)

#8 of 8 Old 09-08-2012, 01:56 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Hey there... I nursed dd1 straight through the pregnancy with dd2.... my milk was gone by 10 weeks. It came back when dd2 was a day or two old. This time dd2 seems fine that my milk dried up early too. I am 18 weeks and she is welcome to continue and tandem with baby due in Feb.

SAHM to Chloe«- 6/2008 (10 lbs, 5 oz), Hannah- 9/2010 (9 lbs, 12 oz), Liam- 2/2013 (9 lbs, 6 oz)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page