Nursing 3 kids? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-16-2012, 09:40 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I have a 2.5 ds and a 1yo dd. I am newly expecting our third. The current two are tandem nursing and the 2.5 yo seems to be nursing more now than the 1yo. He wakes a few times a night to nurse still, nurse when wake in the morning, before napes and bed.

I would like to still nurse him if he doesn't wean himself before the baby arrives, but I know the 2 younger ones (newborn mainly) will need to be priority if they haven't weaned.

I would love to hear from some who have been in a similar situation. How did it go, any tips? I know so much can change especially when/if my milk dries up. I'm up for night weaning the toddler before the baby comes. I'm not sure how 3, 3 yo and under will do trying to nurse at night.

I plan to pump before baby comes to have extra ready for those I can't nurse.

radical homemaking/living, homesteading, organic gardening, open minded mama to two amazing little ones 3/2010 and 9/2011 and expecting #3!!!! 5/2013.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2012, 07:24 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I nursed my three for 8 months before my eldest weaned at 4.5 years.  It was a really natural transition, though she wasn't nursing a ton so it didn't feel like much more than tandem nursing to me.  Mine were all nightweaned at the beginning of my next pregnancies though because it was so uncomfortable for me (physically) to nurse at night.  I imagine things would have been much more difficult if I was nursing all 3 at night instead of just the new baby!

Me (27) DH (30)...9 Years

DD (7) ~ DD (4) ~ DS (3)

Praying our April 2013 baby sticks!! joy.gif

Babies in Heaven...angel.gif 9/04 angel.gif 2/05 angel.gif 3/11 angel.gif 4/11 angel.gif 6/11 angel.gif 11/11 angel.gif 2/12 (along with my tube greensad.gif )

Old 09-20-2012, 12:08 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Thank you for your reply. I am going to try nightweaning the eldest by the time this next baby is born. This is my biggest concern.

radical homemaking/living, homesteading, organic gardening, open minded mama to two amazing little ones 3/2010 and 9/2011 and expecting #3!!!! 5/2013.

User Tag List