recipe ideas for total elimination diet for colicky BF newborn - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 03-11-2013, 10:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Does anyone have some recipes ideas for this? Ive been googling but no luck really. Im going with the dr sears TED. Thank you smile.gif
#2 of 6 Old 03-15-2013, 12:52 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)

Hi there and welcome to Mothering! Just thought I'd bump your post up for attention. Anyone have something to share?

#3 of 6 Old 03-15-2013, 12:55 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)

Bumping up for input. Anyone?

#4 of 6 Old 04-07-2013, 05:06 PM

Did you get any ideas. I have been on severe elimination diet for 19 months. I just started drinking elemental formula for myself a few days ago. I can def. share ideas on recipes and such.
#5 of 6 Old 04-08-2013, 05:11 PM - Thread Starter

Hi sheepdoc! I would love if you could share, I'm really struggling with it. You can pm me if you'd, I'd love to hear more about your success with it. Thanks smile.gif
#6 of 6 Old 04-09-2013, 07:09 PM

Not sure what exactly is on his TED. Plain white vinegar can be used in place of lemon juice in recipes. We do a lot of meat. Salt, pepper and toss in oven. 375 for poultry, until nearly done then raise to 500 or broil to crisp the skin. Roasts preheat oven to 500, when you put it in the oven drop the temp to 220-270 depending on how quick you need the meat, stick a temperature probe in and give it a few hours. Chow hound has the minutes per pound somewhere.
You can buy white and brown rice flower. If you are doing coconut - good fat with a newborn, esp. If you're off fish, you can bake with rice flour and coconut milk and coconut oil as direct substitutes for wheat flour and cows milk. It'll be sweeter and granier but edible. The coconut oil is dense, you want to sub it 80% of the butter and 20% water.
Can you do beans? I did a lot of bean dips. Very portable and can be eaten cold or hot. I recommend soaking dried ones starting a day or two in advance, change water every 24 hours (as long as you change the water they can hang out on the counter for a few days)When you have time, drain and add new water bring to a boil, turn down and put on a lid and simmer a few hours until tender. Then you can take some for beans in salad and cook longer to make really soft. Mash with immersion blender, potato masher, food processor, etc.... Add lots of fat (olive oil, duck fat, whatever's on your TED). Depending on what you can have, add in garlic or basaltic vinegar or fresh herbs.
Hope that gets you started. Oh and I also find nearly all veggies do well coated in olive oil, salt, pepper and roasted 375 until just browning. And bone broth stocks ate a great starter for soups.
If you tell me what's on your TED I can try to come up with more.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page