Mothering Forum banner

Nausea with 10 month old baby, NOT pregnant

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  rainface 
#1 ·
My baby DD is 10 months and 5 days old and I have breastfed her from day one, and started some solids at 6 months and I have been nauseated for the past 3 days constantly. She has been teething like crazy, more than my first DD and bites me, grindes her teeth, and has red cheeks from the top teeth coming in. I got mastitis last week from this and her not nursing. I was on antibiotics fro 10 days for it (my other 2 times I had it with my first child didn't require meds, but this time was really bad). So I have been off meds for 4 days, but have had the worst nausea ever for the past 3 days!! It's worse than what I had when I had morning sickness, and it has caused me to be in bed, it feels awful, but I haven't vomited. Is this normal to have from hormones when your baby starts drinking less breastmilk and eating more solids?? I am not pregnant and I got my period when my baby was 3 months old and just finished my cycle 2 weeks ago. I don't know what to do! How long will this last? At least when I was pregnant I knew what was causing it and how long it would stay.

#3 ·
Antibiotics really do a number on me, high doses for acute sinus infections have made me feel like I have the stomach flu. Do you think it's possible your system is out of whack from that? I don't know the specifics of probiotics, but that might help. Also, when DD is teething, and my period is approaching, I get a bit physically touched out and sick feeling...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.