Nausea with 10 month old baby, NOT pregnant - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-30-2013, 07:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My baby DD is 10 months and 5 days old and I have breastfed her from day one, and started some solids at 6 months and I have been nauseated for the past 3 days constantly.  She has been teething like crazy, more than my first DD and bites me, grindes her teeth, and has red cheeks from the top teeth coming in.  I got mastitis last week from this and her not nursing.  I was on antibiotics fro 10 days for it (my other 2 times I had it with my first child didn't require meds, but this time was really bad).  So I have been off meds for 4 days, but have had the worst nausea ever for the past 3 days!!  It's worse than what I had when I had morning sickness, and it has caused me to be in bed, it feels awful, but I haven't vomited.  Is this normal to have from hormones when your baby starts drinking less breastmilk and eating more solids??  I am not pregnant and I got my period when my baby was 3 months old and just finished my cycle 2 weeks ago.  I don't know what to do!  How long will this last?  At least when I was pregnant I knew what was causing it and how long it would stay.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2013, 06:56 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Welcome to Mothering!!

I'm wondering if  your mastitis is coming back. I never had that experience personally, but I'll bump this post and see if anyone else has any ideas. Good luck!

Old 04-05-2013, 03:53 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Antibiotics really do a number on me, high doses for acute sinus infections have made me feel like I have the stomach flu. Do you think it's possible your system is out of whack from that? I don't know the specifics of probiotics, but that might help. Also, when DD is teething, and my period is approaching, I get a bit physically touched out and sick feeling...

stillheart.gif Momma-ing the Muffin since October 2011!

User Tag List