Super Mama Lactation Cookies - Mothering Forums

View Poll Results: Have you noticed an increase in a supply that you attribute to lactation cookies or their key ingred
Yes 0 0%
No 1 100.00%
Maybe? 0 0%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 05-22-2013, 10:05 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

While there's differing reports on the effectiveness of brewer's yeast, flax and oats in materially increasing supply, my friends and focus group testers agree: lactation cookies are encouraging. One of the simplest "mistakes" we all made, especially early on when getting things done for ourselves was so difficult, was failing to eat and drink enough. So, after some brain work and some oven work - and some truly selfless cookie devouring by family and friends - I give you my Super Mama Lactation Cookies

joy.gif

They're also pretty filling, so I try to keep a couple in my bag (especially when traveling!) as a go-to snack. They satisfy my cookie cravings and make me feel like I'm doing something helpful. I hope you like them! 

(they're designed to be dairy and lactose free, but you can go all dairy if you want)

#2 of 6 Old 05-22-2013, 12:20 PM

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)

I'm going to make these even though I am not breastfeeding. They sound yummy. Hopefully I will need them for breastfeeding in 10 months though! 

#3 of 6 Old 05-22-2013, 12:30 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracyamber View Post

I'm going to make these even though I am not breastfeeding. They sound yummy. Hopefully I will need them for breastfeeding in 10 months though! 

:D Yes, I hope so!!

(My husband eats them all the time, no harm in some nutritious cookies!)

#4 of 6 Old 06-05-2013, 12:15 PM

Looks yummy!  I was surprised to read your comment about penicilin and brewers yeast - I've been taking brewers yeast off and on and haven't had any problems although I am allergic to penicilin.  What happened?

#5 of 6 Old 06-05-2013, 02:12 PM - Thread Starter

It's relatively mild in that there was no anaphylaxis- started out with an upset tummy, very mild, then a sore throat and headache and by day three of eating the cookies my lymph nodes in my throat/mouth were inflamed. That was actually the worst part. Oh, and a rash! Ick.
#6 of 6 Old 06-05-2013, 02:38 PM

Yuck!  I think I'm not going to take anymore brewers yeast - don't want to take any chances even though nothing has happened so far.  Thanks for the warning!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page