trying to pump after a year of no pumping - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 08-08-2013, 07:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi all! Any ideas about how to get a good pumping session going? My 14 month old DD2 nurses
abt 4-5 times per day and is pretty much nightweaned, but I am looking to donate my breastmilk to a friend and am having poor output with the pump. I haven't pumped in a few years but never had a problem before. Then again I was working and there were totally different supply and demand issues going on. I decided tonight I'm just going to pump at 9-9:30every night and hope my breasts start cooperating! I feel like my letdown just isn't happening, even though it's a couple hours after her last feeding.
#2 of 2 Old 08-14-2013, 08:38 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I don't know if its possible with your little one, but would pumping one side while nursing work? Or else, my 10 month old will often get a quick drink (and then continue on with playing, etc) and then I begin pumping right after. These tricks work best for me when I am trying to increase my frozen stash a little. I also keep a hand pump clean and in the fridge for quick sessions during a nap, right after a shower or right away in the morning, its not a lot of output but it may help you get started! And, I think its great that you are helping your friend! Good luck!! :)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page