I'm 25 & this is my second baby. my daughter eevee is 3 in December, my son kable is 3 months today.
i posted about my oversupply issues... here's a SHORT (i wish) list of our problems
1. tongue tie & lip tie (clipped once need revision as tongue is still restricted according to 2 IBCLCs one also an MD and my nipples agree) our ENT doesn't believe they effect breastfeeding > but it'll be months before i can get the referral to a new one thanks to insurance so i have to convince this guy with the info the IBCLCs give me
2. infant torticollis, starting physical therapy Monday. can only get him latched ok in one position most of the time. tried everything between tongue tie and restricted neck movement. ugh.
3. possible thrush since i gave birth via repeat cesarean June 20th (had a yeast infection at the time but didn't have time before csection to finish treatment) taking fluconazole but not much improvement since last Friday when the IBCLC MD prescribed it. kable is taking nystatin. he had no visible signs and nipples look fine just very pink not their normal color and omg i want to SCREAM if clothing or anything including my baby touches them, no other visible signs so people keep saying i don't have thrush. just my burning itchy deep razor like pain all day radiating into my back especially bad at night i hardly want to hold my son because of pain and it's only gotten worse since the hospital but until last week no one listened. my old doctor said just keep taking ibuprofen and acetaminophen as he can't see inside my boobs to see what's wrong. an IBCLC last Friday said we can try treating thrush and will run tests if it doesn't work countless drs and nurses keep saying "nipple pain can be from many things" ignoring that it's deep inside my breast from the nipple to my back ALL DAY not just letdown. that hurts worse. but it hurts so bad i can hardly lift my arms or cuddle my kids or function -.- my family and friends must just think I'm being lazy but it hurts so bad.
4. extreme oversupply/hyperlactation until my sons tongue and lip tie were clipped i pumped for him. 96oz in a 24 hour period. i did EVERYTHING like... EVERYTHING birth control 2 boxes of Sudafed sage peppermint no more milk tea block feeding (which lead to multiple plugged ducts and inflammatory mastitis minus the fever multiple times, i gave up) finally now at 3 months I'm feeding mostly from one side, as it hurts slightly less. but still have to pump in the am (9oz from each side to empty if i don't empty i get blocked... so trying to reduce time or amount hasn't worked just caused more pain) and i have to empty the side he doesn't nurse on much a couple times a day, anywhere from 4-7oz each time and the side i feed him on mostly i empty once maybe twice and get the same... then fully empty both before bed for another 9oz per side
he sleeps through the night so I've stopped middle of the night pumping/feeding. i essentially block feed but if i don't fully drain the other side it fills back up within minutes literally and I'm engorged again only expressing enough to relieve pressure and it causes blocks. daily. i went 2 weeks dealing with,that trying to lower supply it just wouldn't stop refilling when i expressed only a little bit. so I'd rather not have multiple blocks a day and just empty when it gets painfully full or i feel a rock forming again :/
5. just found out i have very low estrogen levels. the OBGYN said my body has basically been going through menopause. she gave me another birth control prescription and an estrogen cream.
6. not that it's bad really but I'm sure not healthy, I'm back to my pre baby weight, most of it was lost in the first month. i was 170 when i had him now I'm back to 130. before i had my daughter i was 108, and could not gain weight to save my life no matter how much i ate. i know I'm not getting enough calories because of the oversupply but can't seem to eat enough.
7. I realized today 2 of my issues are directly linked to thyroid problems, now im wondering if anyone else knows or has experience with this? my aunt and grandmother both have issues, not close to my family so they won't give me info but i know it's in the family. i set an appointment October 1st to ask but until then maybe someone can help me out with some answers?
i looked up thyroid problems and in a list of 10 possible signs of issues i have all 10, plus the hyperlactation that wasn't listed as it wasn't directly about breastfeeding mothers. i think it was mentioned though. carpultunel, extreme fatigue no mater how much sleep i get, moodiness, depression, painful bowl movements (tmi sry but what are these forums for if we can't ask these things) headaches and migraines daily, trouble gaining and retaining weight, very low estrogen causing menopause like symptoms at 25... the list goes on. so am i reading too much into this or could ask these problems I've had most of my teen years until now actually just boil down to this? never been tested for anything because I've never bothered asking about my health until pregnancy.but i don't think they checked for thyroid issues as i chalked everything up to pregnancy postpartum and just how it's always been for me.
part of me wants to hear yes it's thyroid problems so i KNOW what's causing half my pain... would that be so bad? but maybe fixing my sons problems could help with mine. I'm so frustrated and just want a quick fix to all of this
I feel as if these first 3 months of my boys life should have been spent cuddling cooing at him playing with my daughter and enjoying life. instead every day is a constant struggle, crying pain and waiting for my husband to be home to hand my son to him to give myself a break from the pain holding him causes... i feel like until now changing doctors my boys first 3 months have been taken from me and i can never go back. trying to look forward but i don't know how long until i can comfortable hold my son without wanting to cry from pain
Not a mama yet so I can't offer you any advice but I just wanted to say that it sounds like you are having a really rough time and I feel for you.
Children's librarian, married to J since 5/12, with 3 and 1 crazy . TTC #1, planning on , , and .
trying to stay positive for my kids but it sure is hard not knowing what's wrong with me.
Katie - Married to Mike 06/02/01, Mom to Sydney Anne born 11/21/09 and Alice Maeryn & Oliver Thomas born 04/24/13
|11 members and 9,532 guests|
|Deborah , guillencarlotta , jamesmorrow , Katherine73 , Kelleybug , manyhatsmom , moominmamma , RollerCoasterMama , Skippy918 , sren , zebra15|
|Most users ever online was 449,755, 06-25-2014 at 12:21 PM.|