Toddler fussy over milk supply - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 01-20-2014, 05:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My 19 mo old still regularly nurses but only for his one nap, before bed, sometime in the night (co-sleepers) and when waking up. Every once in awhile he will nurse randomly during the day. He switches sides CONSTANTLY now (used to spend a lot of time on one side) and seems to get frustrated/ impatient. Does this mean my supply is dwindling? I've tried using some lactation teas and drinking more water but it hasn't changed his behavior. Does this tend to happen with toddlers who mainly nurse at sleep times? My last baby nursed until 22 months but I don't remember the fussiness over sides etc.

I'm for self-lead weaning but he doesn't seem ready for it at all yet (still will only go to sleep if he's nursing. Or in the car.). He also refuses to drink milk (fine with me) and doesn't really care for vegan milks, So he drinks water, and nurses. The pediatrician is totally supportive of that (no milk) because of how much he was still nursing, but now I am worried he may not be getting enough. Thoughts?

#2 of 2 Old 01-22-2014, 08:35 PM

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Anyone have any thoughts?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page