Mothering Forum banner

Bitten...

770 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  tiqa 
#1 ·
My toddler bit my left nipple really hard about 2-3 weeks ago. Probably closer to 3. It has hurt awfully since then, night and day. It was finally slooooowly getting better, but two nights ago she squeezed it pretty hard again as she was dropping off to sleep and I tried to put her down, and she hung on while drowsy. It is not inflamed, red, bruised, hot to the touch... basically it doesn't look strange from the outside at all, but it hurts like the bejesus, when nursing and even when I'm not. It's not urgent-care-visit-because-it's-going-to-fall-off painful, but it's pretty bad. What is normal for this sort of "injury"? Will this just heal, probably? I've nursed for over three years total and I've never been bitten this badly before. I'm even considering weaning, it's that painful. Hot compresses, ice - they don't work. Is there anything a doctor could even do?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.